MK808 - Finless 1.6 - Ubuntu 03/03A Improper Re Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808 - Finless 1.6 - Ubuntu 03/03A Improper Re Boot

I am running an MK808, with Finless 1.6. I have flashed AndrewDB's Ubuntu 'Pre alpha 03 kernel and ROM, from Slatedroid forum to my MK808, Ubuntu comes up and runs "properly". I have not used it much. I will get to know it better. When Ubuntu shuts down, it goes to login screen. From there one must power off the MK808. I am doing this with a switched power strip, as per Finless Bob. Ubuntu shut down is proper per AndrewDB. My problem comes when I restart the MK808. It boots directly to Ubuntu and not to Finless 1.6. From Finless 1.6, one should choose reboot/boot to recovery. At this point system boots to Ubuntu, as specified by AndrewDB. The system did this on first boot. Now it boots only directly into Ubuntu.

I have not run this system with Finless 1.5, so I can not tell if it is an issue with the new Finless 1.6. Has anyone had this problem before?

I can work backwards and reflash Ubuntu "Pre Alpha 03 kernel and ROM to try to isolate problem. But thought I would try this way first.

Thx.
    Gottfried

mk808 boots into Ubuntu

Originally posted by Gottfried View Post
    I am running an MK808, with Finless 1.6. I have flashed AndrewDB's Ubuntu 'Pre alpha 03 kernel and ROM, from Slatedroid forum to my MK808, Ubuntu comes up and runs "properly". I have not used it much. I will get to know it better. When Ubuntu shuts down, it goes to login screen. From there one must power off the MK808. I am doing this with a switched power strip, as per Finless Bob. Ubuntu shut down is proper per AndrewDB. My problem comes when I restart the MK808. It boots directly to Ubuntu and not to Finless 1.6. From Finless 1.6, one should choose reboot/boot to recovery. At this point system boots to Ubuntu, as specified by AndrewDB. The system did this on first boot. Now it boots only directly into Ubuntu.

I have not run this system with Finless 1.5, so I can not tell if it is an issue with the new Finless 1.6. Has anyone had this problem before?

I can work backwards and reflash Ubuntu "Pre Alpha 03 kernel and ROM to try to isolate problem. But thought I would try this way first.

Thx.
    Gottfried
    It happened to me too couple of days ago, after I installed Ubuntu updates.
    As I am a total amateur I couldn't be bothered thinking, instead I simply flashed a new Finless ROM. And then AndrewDB's kernel. Now it is back to square one
    Cheers

Comment

Hi guys,
      I'm not a super user but,
      by the way you got Ubuntu, have you tried to run xbmc on it?
      If yes, how does it work?

Comment

Working...
      X