[EXPERIMENTAL]PMID1000D Modified Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
    It *should* have root, but as I always say on the disclaimer, YMMV, since I don't actually have the device. wasy way to tell though-install apps that require root and see if they work properly (ex. Titanium backup). as for 'recovery', these tablets don't have a usable stock recovery like, say CWM.

Hmm. Yeah, I definitely understand that. I've switched back to the stock, which is fine since I can run gapps using the marketpolaroid method. I did notice that your rom was snappier, I just really wanted to keep it rooted haha

What is interesting tho, is that my tablet has rebooted into recovery a couple of times after doing a flash. I actually think one of the roms I flashed was a modified version of yours. After I flashed it, it booted into CWM v6. I'm pretty sure they added that, or just made their own stock rom. I had the same problem with that one tho. No root. So, do I sacrifice root for a slightly better running machine? That is the question.

I got that one from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2059139

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanhatch View Post
      Hmm. Yeah, I definitely understand that. I've switched back to the stock, which is fine since I can run gapps using the marketpolaroid method. I did notice that your rom was snappier, I just really wanted to keep it rooted haha

What is interesting tho, is that my tablet has rebooted into recovery a couple of times after doing a flash. I actually think one of the roms I flashed was a modified version of yours. After I flashed it, it booted into CWM v6. I'm pretty sure they added that, or just made their own stock rom. I had the same problem with that one tho. No root. So, do I sacrifice root for a slightly better running machine? That is the question.

I got that one from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2059139
      it's possible. I could do that too, but honestly, like I've said in several other threads, I usually shy away from doing ROM's for devices I don't own-mainly cause of a lack of testers. That's the reason why my modified stock apparently doesn't have root (as you say), but honestly unless someone's as dedicated to testing it as I am to building it, I won't ever know what the problem is....
      https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

flashing PMID100d with livesuite

My password ive been using all along is not being accepted.

I am trying to flash my PMID1000d with your experimental rom with livesuite but I can't get the driver to work. Device manager on xp has a ! mark on it . and says it cant start the device code 10.

Any suggestions" Thanks

Comment

Re: [EXPERIMENTAL]PMID1000D Modified Stock

Originally posted by Jimp View Post
          My password ive been using all along is not being accepted.

I am trying to flash my PMID1000d with your experimental rom with livesuite but I can't get the driver to work. Device manager on xp has a ! mark on it . and says it cant start the device code 10.

Any suggestions" Thanks
          That's normal to see in device manager for these tabs-ignore it. The important thing to remember is if the livesuit program correctly starts flashing the device

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Pmid1000 flashing

Ok folks-here's the modified stock some of you have been asking for-I took out the preinstall apps (minus the Adobe Flash, which I can take out too if you all want), and verified it has root.

Please give it a whirl and provide feedback in this forum-I won't remove the 'experimental' tag until I hear from enough folks that it's stable.

Link: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...3626#post53626
            Hi whenever I try to install the driver on compter the device manager has a ! mark and when connrct tablet PC says unknown device

Can any one help

Comment

flasing Pnid1000

That's normal to see in device manager for these tabs-ignore it. The important thing to remember is if the livesuit program correctly starts flashing the device

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
              Live suit never picks it up and does not start flashing

Comment

Live suit never picks it up and does not start flashing
                Is this a windows 8 box? If so, I'm afraid I can't help you, cause I don't have (nor will I willingly own) Windows 8.

Comment

P.S. Try this thread-it has some helpful troubleshooting tips:

Comment

flashing

P.S. Try this thread-it has some helpful troubleshooting tips:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...hlight=drivers

Okay will check link/ thanks. Tried on both XP and vista, as well as Windows 7 .A little progress, when I hold the home button and plug in USB a livesuit window pops up with a exclamation mark m and a ok button clicking ok and th window disappears , but doesnt appear to start as progress bar does move even after an hour.

Comment

Any updates to this thread? My 1000D does the same thing. I hold down the home button, insert USB and it never does anything.

Comment

May be bad USb port

Originally posted by Chevelle_SS View Post
                        Any updates to this thread? My 1000D does the same thing. I hold down the home button, insert USB and it never does anything.
                        Hi , we did get it to sTART THE UPDATE once but it hung half way with a communication error.

Mine was still under warranty so Southern Telecon sent me a pre paid postage to mail it to them for free repair or replacement. So that's what I did. Will let you know when I hear more.

Comment

got messap from USP a parcel is on its waY BACK FON SUPPORT

Hi , we did get it to sTART THE UPDATE once but it hung half way with a communication error.

Mine was still under warranty so Southern Telecon sent me a pre paid postage to mail it to them for free repair or replacement. So that's what I did. Will let you know when I hear more.
                          iT TOOK A WHILE DUE TO SEVERE WEATHER BACK EAST BUT A PACKAGE IS ON ITS WAY BACK

Comment

FYI SouthernTelecom sent me a PTAB1050 to Replace the PMID100d

Not a bad trade off The PTAB1050 only has a 4gb drive, where the PMID1000D had a 8Gb , but then the PTAB has a faster 1.6gz processor, and bluetooth. Will have to reload stuff on it. Seams everthig gets put on internal , then when you use manager it moves it to internal , not the external memory.

Maybe have to look around see if there is a rom, although ot seems faster and loads Web pages better using the stock browser; will have to try with Boat Browser or EC .

Comment

huh. never heard of a ptab1050 but then again this is Polaroid we're talking about here.
                              Not a bad trade off The PTAB1050 only has a 4gb drive, where the PMID1000D had a 8Gb , but then the PTAB has a faster 1.6gz processor, and bluetooth. Will have to reload stuff on it. Seams everthig gets put on internal , then when you use manager it moves it to internal , not the external memory.

Maybe have to look around see if there is a rom, although ot seems faster and loads Web pages better using the stock browser; will have to try with Boat Browser or EC .

Comment

Yeah PTAB1050 is after all polaroid :roll

huh. never heard of a ptab1050 but then again this is Polaroid we're talking about here.
                                thanks , yeah it is polaroid : Roll. Here is screenshot .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ptab1050Screenshot_2014-02-07-07-33-16.png
Views:	1
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	432942

You may recall member by name of Koltaic was asking if ptab1050 can be
                                rooted. Dont know if he didd it but Ion54 said to use moborobo and unlock root.

Comment

Working...
                                X