Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMITO MX1 FREEZE-REBOOT (testing issues thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMITO MX1 FREEZE-REBOOT (testing issues thread)

Hi guys, so as you know i am getting random freezes, reboots on my imito MX1.
    Putting a heatsink directly on top of the chip and on the ram did not help.

Im trying to do some tests lowering the CPU speed.

I have installed the latest oficial rom rooted, and installed "android Tuner free"

Changed the governor to performance, and changed the CPU to performance and 816Mhz, we will see how it goes for a few days. I have runned Antutu Benchmark and the score decreased from 8600 to 7180 score (this 7180 score is kind of near of what you get on an MK808 device)

if any of you are experiencing constant random crashes, reboots, freezes while playing or surfing, please posts your results,

i installed cyanogenmod 10 on the device, which has a non working wifi, and experienced crashes also so i dont think this issue is software related.

thanks
    Last edited by Ridata; 01-17-2013, 20:22. Reason: missed important data

Mine too

Yeah....Not happy about that behaviour.
    I agree that it's not a software issue as this behaviour appears not to be wide spread.
    I thought i fixed it with Bob's 1.5 720 Kernel as it ran o.k for 5 hours or so without green screen of death.
    It's also not a GPU or HDMI issue as it doesn't respond to hardkey reboot in this state.
    Mine does not reboot, just green or dark screen & nil response to keyboard.
    Issue appeared totally random with stock rom, now though it seems less frequent but just as annoying.

Comment

it is hardware related

-When i bought the imito it froze sometimes> very random. Device was very hot after some hours

-After some days started to freeze some minutes of use after it booted

-Installed heatsinks on the chip.... device froze when surfing or playing a game for example angry birds HD

-Installed a pc fan sending air to the heatsink did not freeze anymore and i can leave it connected all day without freezes. Never froze again while playing

All of those points were tested with stock image and finless rom. also tested with different power supply. and even tested using usb as power source

ordered an mk808 from geekbuying...i hope that one is more stable and doesnt need that much cooling

Comment

Rock solid rockchip

My experience with the MK 808 is all positive, not even a crash to home screen.
        I had tried my MX1 without the housing, still played up though.
        Mine seemed to get very hot but after flashing finless rom 1.5 it would just get warm ???? WTF ..... All was well ,i thought, until about two weeks later , without use, and it failed after couple of hours .......That sux bigtime.
        I then emailed IN4DEALS to let them know it wasn't fixed after all.......no reply as yet.

Comment

mx1 freezes and reboots

Never froze first couple weeks using original stock rom but after 1.5 finless rom I have been getting a lot of freeze ups which last about on average 1 min. I've noticed it mostly happens when I'm in the settings screen. After about a minute or so it will respond again but sometimes will just reboot with only half my apps visible. It seems to be getting worse lately. Xmbc will no longer start now just flashes back to the home screen. Have never got over 7000 score with on average 2.5mps write speed which is way to slow. I have so far tried a hp touchpad power supply and everything I could think of software related with no luck. I did notice at first it would do it more often the longer it was on but now even cold it still does it.

Comment

Did you try to reflash ?

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post
              Did you try to reflash ?
              No not yet been putting it off don't want to lose everything and start over but it will be my last resort. I don't think it's software related though. I think it has something to do with the nand flash

Comment

Install CWM do nandroid backup and that way you can test it and if it doesn't work restore in minutes.

Comment

Install CWM do nandroid backup and that way you can test it and if it doesn't work restore in minutes.
                  wish I would have waited and bought the odroid u2 instead.

Comment

Originally posted by bloatman View Post
                    wish I would have waited and bought the odroid u2 instead.
                    And after purchasing that one you would wish for something else ... perhaps Neo X5
                    I think you have configuration problem and what I suggested is fast way to confirm that.

Comment

And after purchasing that one you would wish for something else ... perhaps Neo X5
                      I think you have configuration problem and what I suggested is fast way to confirm that.
                      very new to android and I'm not sure what your talking about. cwm?

Comment

Originally posted by bloatman View Post
                        very new to android and I'm not sure what your talking about. cwm?
                        Sorry about that
                        Clockworkmod

Comment

BTW when reflashing if you use the Rockchip tool do not use Upgrade use Restore.

Comment

BTW when reflashing if you use the Rockchip tool do not use Upgrade use Restore.
                            Restore erases NAND. Upgrade does not erase. If your reflashing and want a full clean "new" setup, then always use restore.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I thought that this could be why he expreianced problems after flashing ROM

Comment

Working...
                              X