Show us your setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us your setup

I'm mainly a tablet guy, but I just bought a TV stick to play around with.

Through the threads here, I get bits and pieces of peripheral devices...like hard drives, USB hubs, cameras and other stuff.

I started this thread to request users to share pictures of their setups.

It isn't device specific. Before I plan my setup, I would like to see yours.

Randy
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Re: Show us your setup

I like this idea and will try and encourage the sharing.

I've posted my home screen set up on my Imito MX1. I am currently using Sam's excellent TVLauncher. I have an RC11 airmouse for general control and a PS3 sixaxis controller for gaming.

Sent from my AMOI N820 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Show us your setup

Thanks Daisy.

Now, show some pix of what you have hooked up. The hardware stuff.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Re: Show us your setup

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        Thanks Daisy.

Now, show some pix of what you have hooked up. The hardware stuff.
        Sure, but I don't think its very exciting.

You will see from the below pictures that I have my imito hooked up to my standard HDMI port on my Samsung TV. It is taking its power from the USB port. You will notice a lead coming out of my mini usb port, this is for the USB dongle for my RC11 airmouse. I've got this dongle on an extended lead following a suggestion by another forum member that a longer lead would create less interference with the Imito's scetchy wifi signal. It does seem to help.

I used to have my Seagate terabyte hard drive hooked up to the full size port, but you can see from the last picture that I have connected it to my router so everyone using my home network can access it.

I would love to see some pictures from people who have set up cameras for their sticks/boxes.

Sent from my AMOI N820 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Show us your setup

That looks good.

I set up my system yesterday, but didn't think to take any pictures. It is pretty temporary, since I'm waiting on some more pieces to the puzzle to arrive.

What I want to do is hook up a USB hub so I can use the wireless keyboard simultaneously with a USB flash drive or an external hard drive. I have a bunch of media files I would like to access from this device.

If anyone has this kind of setup...chime in and note any problems/solutions you have.

I've ordered a powered USB hub and an extension cable to keep the thing from always hanging off the back of the tv.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            That looks good.

I set up my system yesterday, but didn't think to take any pictures. It is pretty temporary, since I'm waiting on some more pieces to the puzzle to arrive.

What I want to do is hook up a USB hub so I can use the wireless keyboard simultaneously with a USB flash drive or an external hard drive. I have a bunch of media files I would like to access from this device.

If anyone has this kind of setup...chime in and note any problems/solutions you have.

I've ordered a powered USB hub and an extension cable to keep the thing from always hanging off the back of the tv.
            Just passing this along also a general observation ... aside from the potential of stress to the otb / usb ports I think the dangling maybe better for the stick type plays as it helps with airflow and heat dissipation. Also I have found that my mx1 performs better with wifi this way due to less outside interference. I know these things are highly variable but YMMV.

Comment

Working...
            X