Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Linux][MK808/UG802/MK802 III] PicUntu 0.9 RC 2.2 w/ Finless 1.6 ROM -Dual Boot- Windows Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back From Brick

Bob:

I got all the way back up. Flashed Tek Knight, and booted my SD that referenced above. Got to second screen line 2.730110: EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1) : mounted file system with ordered data mode. Opts: (null) I believe you are correct, it does not like my SD. I put previous SD back in and booted. It boots to terminal log in. I believe I am back to the point where a proper SD chip of 1.c full image download will boot. I await your reply.

Gottfried

Comment

Well, I have a running picuntu with my realtek 8891SU wifi dongle working in my mk808b(rk903), but i only can connect to open wireless networks. I am going to investigate a little more on it, dont know why, but it said that my password is bad (and i know it is well wrote).

EDIT: Problems with wicd solved, a fast google search said me that network-manage and wicd conflicts between them, apt-get remove network-manager and restart solves it.

Now i have picuntu running using my realtek 8191SU wifi dongle , don't know why in android is not so simply to use a wifi dongle I use the same sources to compile the driver for android and picuntu
      But as in android, no way to make it work from command line i need Wicd to make the driver works.

I compiled the kernel I am running but is based in the old picuntu kernel sources, I am using the .config file that comes with picuntu so time to compile the new kernel a little bit optimized for my stick, and using omegamoon sources. Alok releases a new kernel sources version but is full of bugs actually. But they promises a lot cause he want to merge some improvement from omegamoon, and olegk0 Mali drivers and more improvements.
      Juas a linux machine for less than 40$, I never thought it was possible.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by leolas; 04-25-2013, 16:15.
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Sorry guys, I got really tied up with family issues last night and totally forgot to post how I transfered the image to SD. I will try to post it again tonight.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: [Linux][MK808/UG802/MK802 III] PicUntu 0.9 RC 2.2 w/ Finless 1.6 ROM -Dual Boot- Windows Guide

Don't worry about that Bob. You made a lot os things at same time, you must end the day exhaust.

About picuntu, great work on it. I love it. And WiFi is now faster from de WiFi dongle.
          My devices:
          Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Up And Running

Leolas and Finless Bob:

Leolas your method the root SD worked. Extracted PicUntu-linuxroot-0.9-RC2.2.img.gz image file to downloads. Ran Ubuntu Image Writer. Wrote image to 16 G (minumum) USB. Formatted micro SD 16G (minimum) to Ext4 named it linuxroot. Copied USB to SD. Copy command: cp "/dev/sdj /dev/sdi". It took near an hour to copy. Ubuntu is now up and running. It will take me a while to get use to this flavor of Ubuntu. But no matter. I will in the near future write up a less technical more GUI procedure for getting a MK808 up and running in Picuntu. Will post here. I am a mostly GUI Ubuntu 12.04 user so my purpose was to get my MK808 up and running by a procedure less technical people can use. Thank you Bob and Leolas for all of your help. Thanks to all for creating Picuntu.

Gottfried

Comment

Re: [Linux][MK808/UG802/MK802 III] PicUntu 0.9 RC 2.2 w/ Finless 1.6 ROM -Dual Boot- Windows Guide

You are welcome, but I didn't work on picuntu. I have only a couple of days playing with it, and its really fun play with it.
              We must give thanks to andrewDB and alok, and some more developers(I am really bad remembering names) for it. Great work that they made.
              You use "cp" only? Not "cp -a"?
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Picuntu No Root Log In

I have Picuntu PicUntu-linuxroot-0.9-RC2.2.img.gz image file up to log in screen. It only asks for pass word. It is not like previous linuxroots that come up to a login (root) and a password (12qwaszx). Password is for this one is Ubuntu not 12qwaszx. When I open terminal, it will let me make no entries. How does one log in as root with this linuxroot? I need to get into terminal and input "sudo su" to become root.

Thx.

Gottfried

Comment

Originally posted by Gottfried View Post
                  I have Picuntu PicUntu-linuxroot-0.9-RC2.2.img.gz image file up to log in screen. It only asks for pass word. It is not like previous linuxroots that come up to a login (root) and a password (12qwaszx). Password is for this one is Ubuntu not 12qwaszx. When I open terminal, it will let me make no entries. How does one log in as root with this linuxroot? I need to get into terminal and input "sudo su" to become root.

Thx.

Gottfried
                  You can logon how root in the gui.
                  Select other like user, and then the system will ask you about user: root and password: 12qwaszx then you login like root, open a terminal and write: password su then you write the desired pasword. Then write password ubuntu and again you can define the New pass, you must do that with all users you want to use.

The user ubuntu have root privileges too I think cause some actions in the gui ask me about ubuntu password. Instead of root, but if you follow the explaining above, you will not have problems.
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)

Comment

The Ubuntu logon can have root. Like any Ubuntu you use sudo in terminal commands.

Bob

Comment

Access to USB

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                      You can logon how root in the gui.
                      Select other like user, and then the system will ask you about user: root and password: 12qwaszx then you login like root, open a terminal and write: password su then you write the desired pasword. Then write password ubuntu and again you can define the New pass, you must do that with all users you want to use.

The user ubuntu have root privileges too I think cause some actions in the gui ask me about ubuntu password. Instead of root, but if you follow the explaining above, you will not have problems.
                      Leolas:

A few problems. I can get into root in Picuntu, Ubuntu, and Other. However all passwords are Ubuntu. I changed PW in Other last night but it did not save. Because this morning all PW's are ubuntu. I tried to change PW in Other this morning. It would not let me.
                      Also last night after I changed PW I could get into my USB stick to read content., USB is on my powered hub. I can not read content now. It seems to be a permission issue. What is ther fix?

Gottfried

Comment

Originally posted by Gottfried View Post
                        Leolas:

A few problems. I can get into root in Picuntu, Ubuntu, and Other. However all passwords are Ubuntu. I changed PW in Other last night but it did not save. Because this morning all PW's are ubuntu. I tried to change PW in Other this morning. It would not let me.
                        Also last night after I changed PW I could get into my USB stick to read content., USB is on my powered hub. I can not read content now. It seems to be a permission issue. What is ther fix?

Gottfried
                        Lets try another think, root can access all in your stick. So lets try to enter in console mode with ctrl+F2 now login with root, change pass to all users from this console. About permisions in your usb stick you can give the other users with chmod, or in gui with the users aplications, in general setting, I am far home, and I will not arrive home untill Monday, if you can wait, I will give you a solution then.
                        My devices:
                        Gearbest.com)

Comment

Root Access and Permissions

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                          Lets try another think, root can access all in your stick. So lets try to enter in console mode with ctrl+F2 now login with root, change pass to all users from this console. About permisions in your usb stick you can give the other users with chmod, or in gui with the users aplications, in general setting, I am far home, and I will not arrive home untill Monday, if you can wait, I will give you a solution then.
                          Leolas:

I made another micro SD. Your procedure. Booted same. First login, went Other/Root/12qwaszx. Changed password. Had permission to read my USB. Shut down, then came back up tp login. Logged in as root OK. That problem is fixed. Glad you will be home on Monday. If somthing comes up I will be in touch. Thank you.

Gottfried

Comment

Trying FB 1.7C MK808 Will Not Boot Into Android

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            The Ubuntu logon can have root. Like any Ubuntu you use sudo in terminal commands.

Bob
                            Bob;

Made Picuntu SD (the large one) and got login problems taken care of, all OK. I am trying to flash MK808 with Finless 1.7C. With SD removed MK808 will not boot back to FB 1.6. Runs some code and locks up, as it can not find SD it is looking for. How does one get MK808 with no SD to boot back to FB? Still searching for answer on line.

Gottfried

Comment

Yes the boot loader seems to be confused on the MK808. I cant get mine to boot back into Android either. Works fine on the ug802. Not sure why but for some reason the loader thinks something is wrong and keeps trying to run recovery which of course is booting the picuntu kernel.

Try another reboot app from Google Play. Petrus' boot APP maybe writing to misc.img thus forcing this to happen.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                Yes the boot loader seems to be confused on the MK808. I cant get mine to boot back into Android either. Works fine on the ug802. Not sure why but for some reason the loader thinks something is wrong and keeps trying to run recovery which of course is booting the picuntu kernel.

Try another reboot app from Google Play. Petrus' boot APP maybe writing to misc.img thus forcing this to happen.

Bob
                                When it happens to me, I need to erase nand with rk flash tool, then install android, and after android is booted at least 1 time then install the recovery img for picuntu.
                                Don't reboot to recovery, reboot to bootloader
                                My devices:
                                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X