UG007 II (UG007 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UG007 II (UG007 2)

i am expecting this device so i was just wondering if anyone has it ?
    i believe nothing should be different except there is a reset button and Extra mini power port

so do you think UG007 firmware will be compatible with it ?
    btw has anyone tried this firmware
    V20130118a which is for the UG007
    http://www.kimdecent.com/drivers/126.html

Last edited by mite_jan; 01-30-2013, 23:55.

90 views and not a single reply

bravo

Comment

i guess people dont know what to think of it..
      who the f is kimdecent? the UG007 come from UGOOS
      why does he have such a brand new firmware?

did you try it?

all i know is this:
      my UG007 just arrived 1h ago
      it got shipped at 1/18/2013

my build is:
      RK30_ANDROID4.1.1-SDK-v1.00.1015
      rk30sdk-end.4.1.1 JRO03H eng.ant.20121217.134352 test-keys

and its faaast! i mean real faaast...
      if i have to compare it to my Allwinner A13 tablet with 800x480 and android 4.0.4 i must say.. this baby is a rocket.. currently still working in 720p but looking great.. i can enable 1080p in settings, is it normal?

currently i see no reason to custom flash... its working very well..
      im not sure if im rooted.. lets see...

Comment

I tried to flash my UG007 using the microsd method, but it was recognized as an "invalid update".
        I'm currently running the Finless rom 1.5 for the iMito MX1/2, maybe that's why the update wasn't recognized.
        I'll flash the stock UG007 firmware (.img) later to test the update.zip again.
        Someone knows if there's a .img version of the new update.zip?

Comment

i have not tried this firmware since i don't have the UG007 (i am expecting it)
          looks like i am going to be the first one who will receive UG007 2 (maybe not but will see)
          btw i think kimdecent should be a reseller who has firmwares on his sites (like most of the people do who sell)

btw i am not receiving my ug007 from him . i just found that firmware while searching for the newest

so far i know only for 20121201 firmware(official) and this one 20130118a (no idea if it is official)
          yours is newer than the first one (maybe take a dump from it ?)

@ clio have you extracted the zip file ?

Comment

I bought my UG007 from dx.com and it came with the same firmware as most people here.
            The only thing that seems strange to me is that when I flashed with the firmware UG007_20121201, the bluetooth and wifi were disabled, and looking at the dmesg they weren't even detected.
            So every time I tried to turn on the wifi or bt the slider automatically changed to off. When I reverted to the Finless rom 1.5 everything worked again.
            (I flash my ug007 using the "short pin" method. I just soldered a reset button from an old pc cabinet to the pins, so when I just want to try a new firmware I just press that button to enter "flash mode")

Comment

there are too many versions appearing on the market
              and probably yours have different wifi/bluetooth chip so that's why they are disabled

Comment

yeah im currently reading into taking a dump (sounds weird :P)

i still dont know if i need root, how to put into flashmode and if its safe
                also install ubuntu into hyper-v and i guess i need win7 too.. i think i read people have problems on win8

after i get the backup i think about using this tut, root without opening device
                try out linux on(over) android and if not working as i hope, get over to linux on rk3066

i still have a lot to learn...

Comment

forget hyper-v (4gb min ram i think)
                  try with ubuntu livecd or for virtual machines vmware or virtual box

btw i am not experienced with taking a dump
                  probably just follow the tutorial
                  or here is a tutorial with adb

Comment

i have 8gb so that wouldnt be a problem...
                    havent used hyper-v yet.. but its bundled with windows why not give it a try
                    my win8 is rather fresh and i dont want to install android sdk or any tools i may need.

i would install virtualbox or vmware but only if really needed...
                    as i got alot images for other devices (i only sync and backup with virtual pc's)
                    i may need it someday again anyway..

also hyper-v is installed and ready to go.. any other reasons?
                    ive read its not as advanced as the other two.. or i dont know driver problems or something..
                    i really dont want anything bad happening while dumping/flashing

Comment

Personally I use VMware, virtualbox has less USB support (sometimes I connected a USB device to virtualbox and all I got was SNAFU), and I use a debian squeeze VM without X for all my linux needs (I'm a console guy).
                      I didn't make a dump before install the finless rom, I thought that the stock rom from ugoos would work without a problem... but I was wrong.

Comment

i wish i could have made a dump
                        problem was i really didnt want to open the ug007 yet
                        you need flashmode to dump the files, meh

i found a really great way to root it and get a good firmware:
                        Hello there! It's me again. I've noticed a very distinct lack of threads that start with [ROM] in this here section, and I hope to help change that. I recently purchased a UG007 Android-on-a-stick, which I have discovered has a lot of...

you only need to place the update.zip in your sd-card and it will root it, great.

Comment

Originally posted by sync View Post
                          i found a really great way to root it and get a good firmware:
                          Hello there! It's me again. I've noticed a very distinct lack of threads that start with [ROM] in this here section, and I hope to help change that. I recently purchased a UG007 Android-on-a-stick, which I have discovered has a lot of...
                          here is where i saw the firmware i posted on the first link

i didn't saw any opening of the device while reading the ADB tutorial for dumping the firmware

but i also saw this

RKdump will not work with RK3066 devices which the MK808 is. So forget that route. Only way to dump it is to use linux and RKflash

Comment

You can read about the new product from ugoos in our official blog:

Hi Guys: Today we will introduce 3 new model from Ugoos(which famous as UG802 and UG007). The model is: UG001, UG008, UG007 II. check the photo first: UG001 should be the smallest mini pc i have ever seen, it smaller than the ug007, mk808 and any other tv stick, UG007 ii is an upgrade version […]

we have got all of their new sample, and all of them should get stock after china new year.
                            Looking for developers
                            http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by mite_jan View Post
                              here is where i saw the firmware i posted on the first link

i didn't saw any opening of the device while reading the ADB tutorial for dumping the firmware

but i also saw this

RKdump will not work with RK3066 devices which the MK808 is. So forget that route. Only way to dump it is to use linux and RKflash
                              yeah tutorial is incomplete
                              he only said "put device into flashmode"
                              but to enable flashmode you have to open it, as far as i remember, ill look for the tut again..

btw hyper-v didnt work good at all... really not what i expected..

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                              You can read about the new product from ugoos in our official blog:

Hi Guys: Today we will introduce 3 new model from Ugoos(which famous as UG802 and UG007). The model is: UG001, UG008, UG007 II. check the photo first: UG001 should be the smallest mini pc i have ever seen, it smaller than the ug007, mk808 and any other tv stick, UG007 ii is an upgrade version […]

we have got all of their new sample, and all of them should get stock after china new year.
                              good looking new devices..

reset(and i bet flash) button is just what i would have needed
                              a 2nd (3rd) usb slot is a good thing too...
                              any other info about different hardware inside?

my ug007 works very good..

currently i try to setup linux deploy..
                              ssh & vnc work great also via network..
                              but still have some problem with the software i intend to run...
                              if it wont work ill have to install Bobs Firmware & picuntu.. fun fun

yay got i all working
                              damn i love my ug007
                              Last edited by sync; 02-02-2013, 12:05.

Comment

Working...
                              X