Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to play without touch controls? Can't click with mouse in games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to play without touch controls? Can't click with mouse in games.

Hi guys. I managed to run at least 2 games on my mk808 android tv stick. Surprisingly, I noticed I was not able to control the game with the mouse. I use an usb mouse & keyboard to control my mk808 and it works great everywhere in the system, but games. While gaming, I can see the cursor, can move it around, but can't click anything. I feel I'm missing something here...

your not really missing something, think about it - our fingers arent small like a cursor pointer - right? thats why it wont work with some games. the cursor is too small for it to work.

Comment

But, according to this logic, why I can use mouse in system or within other apps? Doesn't make sense really...

Comment

Originally posted by elly View Post
        your not really missing something, think about it - our fingers arent small like a cursor pointer - right? thats why it wont work with some games. the cursor is too small for it to work.
        Agree...my reserch also says same....

But why can't we develop app to increase courser size like it is done in latest droidmote?

Comment

Even I am facing the same problem. Cant play Temple Run 2 or Subway Surfer. Angry Bird works fine
          Last edited by gmonline; 02-05-2013, 15:12. Reason: Typo

Comment

some games work with keyboard and mouse,
            others do not,
            the ones that use touchscreen wont,others are made for multiple controls,
            from what i understand,
            here are a list of working games,

i have a mk808 at mother in laws for her,and most of these games are loaded on it,and all on minix x5 here,
            i should have kept a list of games that didnt work,but didnt think ahead,
            i will look at my app folder and see if i can make a list,
            i have most apk saved to folder on pc

Comment

That's actually great idea! Looking forward to that.

Comment

my folder has 40 files,
                most games,with a few apps,
                i will finally take a day off tomorrow,
                and start a list,of working and non-working games,
                it would be cool if we had a thread that the 1st post had list,
                and anyone could add info,

Comment

Right. Well, you can start your own, separete topic as soon as the list is over. I think many people'd find that helpful. If you need any help, I'd be happy to help.

Comment

you can play touch screen games even tilt games!

Originally posted by robs23 View Post
                    Hi guys. I managed to run at least 2 games on my mk808 android tv stick. Surprisingly, I noticed I was not able to control the game with the mouse. I use an usb mouse & keyboard to control my mk808 and it works great everywhere in the system, but games. While gaming, I can see the cursor, can move it around, but can't click anything. I feel I'm missing something here...
                    all you have to do is download the rikomagic mk802iii remote app from the google play store on your phone or tablet android device and now you can run the mini pc with touch and g sensor also if you have imediashare app on your phone it will play any movie picture and song from your phone on mini pc just have to be on same wifi connection!
                    Minix neo x7 custom quickshot V3.1 kitkat with cpu1700 video stock and oc ram 720 kernal
                    HTC Amaze 4g unofficial cyanogen mod 11 KitKat 4.4.4
                    ASUS Nexus 7 (original 2012 tegra 3) Cyanogen mod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2

Comment

@neodoom
                      That's definately good news. To be honest, however, I've been hoping rather to find a possibility to play using my gamepad.. Of course using your phone as a gamepad is still something, not fully satisfactory though...

Comment

Originally posted by robs23 View Post
                        @neodoom
                        That's definately good news. To be honest, however, I've been hoping rather to find a possibility to play using my gamepad.. Of course using your phone as a gamepad is still something, not fully satisfactory though...
                        This looks promising ... I am trying to map sixaxis controller touch arguments. With no touchscreen driver present then sixaxis does not recognize. Appears someone on the other forums have compiled a working virtual touchscreen driver confirmed with multiple BT controllers and Wii mote.

Will test when I get home ...

Comment

Hey guys! First time posting here. I'm running a geekbuying MK808B with the latest Finless 1.7 rom.

I've been doing a lot of reading here on Freak Tab and elsewhere and it is my understanding that while Deadzone has native controller support in-game it does not have support for controllers in the menus. I have been having the same problem as everyone else and have been unable to click past the initial menu on Shadowgun: Deadzone. It is also my understanding that a commonly provided solution for this issue is to install Droidmote, link the tv box to another android device and use that to get past the menu.

Here's my dilemma.

I do not own another android device and am not particularly interested in sinking cash into a tablet or phone just to do so. My question is, has anyone found any other workarounds to this problem? From my research it's looking like no one has so far but I'm asking just to make sure.

Here's what I've found in trying to solve this problem.

I have a ps3 controller with the sixaxis app. While I can set up a touch emulation layout in the sixaxis app, it does not seem to work with any of the touchscreen games, likely because the device does not have an actual touch screen.

Here's the kicker. I have also installed gamekeyboard and this seems to provide limited touch screen support. I was able to use this device to simulate touch controls to steer my car in Asphalt 7. So far this is the only app I've gotten that can simulate any touch screen controls. I've also tried Joy2Touch with no luck. The problem however, is that while it has successfully simulated a d-pad for touch controls, I have not been able to set up virtual buttons to simulate touch buttons on the screen. IE, I cannot use buttons to press boost and brake for Asphalt 7, I can only simulate the steering for some reason. I feel like I was so close and yet so far from figuring how to use a game pad to simulate touch controls.

I've also tried using this app to sneak past the menu of Deadzone with no luck. :/

Has anyone else tried the gamekeyboard app yet? I'm wondering why the d-pad will work but not the buttons.

Comment

If this issue could be solved, it would open up alot of games to these devices. Creating a touch profile in droidmote will not solve the issue. The issue is not playing the game, but rather being able to click on all of the menu buttons to get into the actual game. I still can't understand why these games do not register when you touch the button with the mouse cursor. If it is the size of the input created by the mouse cursor then how do we increase the size of the input area?

Comment

Well I logged on to my mk808 with my htc phone through vnc. I could navigate the mk808 ok, but when opening up a game like shadowgun dead zone, my clicks still did not register as touch events. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X