Need a lil help with a Medion P85251

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a lil help with a Medion P85251

Well most will say this box was to expencive for what u get... But money was not the reason i bought it. Ok here ar the facts. http://aldi.medion.com/md86711/nord/?refPage=aldi

Box seems to be based on the honeywld power zesc hd-6000 ( http://www.honeywld.com/htm/zest6000/zest6000.htm )was relesed last year and only sold to retailers. You can find some vids on yt about it. It has a 1,2ghz marvell mv88de3100 soc with gc1000 gpu. Imprint on pcb is hd-6100 and the difference to the original hd-6000 ist, that it has 2 more usb ports internal which are used to connect a 8192cu based wifi dongle and the dongle for the gyro remote control. It has 1gb ram and 4gb nand which is not much. Has 2 usb 2.0 ports, sd and micro sd slot, hdmi 1.4, optical out and av out. Should support full hd. It comes with a ics 404 and a very poor ui, norma ui not avaliable, but a different launcher (tryed adw and lightning) work.. See vids :-D well it dosnt have had play store nor google account. Good thing is, adb root over lan is avaliable, so i got full root yesterday using a methode discribed on xda. At the moment there are only automatic updates avaliable, nothing to download from the support site. But with root i was able to do a backup with romdump. There is no recovery mod (display only flickering if i reboot to recovery) and no otg.

I was able to install gapps so i am able to start the playstore. Lol but ps says incompatible device. So for now i need to tweek the build.prop to a known and compatible tv player. Question for now... Which parts i have to change and to what so i can normal download from ps? Next step.... With the alternativ launcher i can use the android settings, but the settings have missing a lot of options which are only avaliable through manufacturer ui settings ( like update from internet or usb, audio and screen settings...) so what parts i have to change to get all missed options?

Because of no otg i can only dd the system.img back with adb. What problems i can get cuz android is normal running while using adb over lan?

Thats it for now.

Ps: im not a dev but i like to learn and try out things.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P7501 mit Tapatalk 2

AW: Need a lil help with a Medion P85251

Some more information mv88de3100 is the wrong soc name.... Right is 88de3100 and thats the marvell armada 1500 which is used in the vizio co-star sts and which will be used in the ne new asus qube and in new lenovo android tv like the s61. So its a google tv 2.0 box :-D

Gesendet von meinem GT-P7500 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
    X