Newbe questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbe questions

I a new owner of a UG007 with an 16Gb micro SD card en USB to Ethernet adapter. So far so good. But I have a few newbe questions;
    1. How to power off
    2. I installed XBMC but movies MP3s on my Synology arn't playing fluently
    3. Internal storage is small but I cannot select downloads of installed apps to be saved on the SD card

1. pull the plug or DIY an on/off switch
    2. data transfer rate to low?
    3. install a app like android assistant to move apps to sd card

Comment

Newbe questions

One thing to watch out for is SD card corruption on RK3066 devices, especially with just pulling the plug to turn off.

Corruption happens less often if you format the SD to NTFS in Windows...but CWM won't work on an NTFS drive (give/take).

Look in the App Developer's Kitchen for some apps by Petrus. He has a reboot app that unmounts all drives before shutdown.

There is really no advantage in running apps from SD card, because the apps aren't running on an Ext4 drive anymore, and they run slower. If you are using a Finless ROM, you should have plenty of app space anyway. Plus, if the SD card corrupts, your apps corrupt along with it. I only use the SD card to hold downloaded files and backups.

You can do a CWM backup to your internal drive and copy it over to the external SD. To restore, copy it back to internal first, before running CWM.

I hope that helps.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Can somebody explain to me the main advantages of a rooted TV stick? Is Finless ROM the best for the UG007?

Comment

control, full control of your device.

watch this xda clip they explain why we root our devices

greets
          mark

Comment

Working...
          X