'Overclock' in Finless 1.7 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Overclock' in Finless 1.7 ?

Hi I have just received the following UG802..

It seems to be a newer V1 variant that probably won't run finless in a stable way yet, but I went ahead and started preparing stuff.

As you can see in the specs, it lists the CPU at 1.6Ghz, and HDMI output at 1080p, and it runs Android 4.1 just fine (stock).

I read over the instructions to flash finless and have questions about the descriptions of the kernels....

kernel_1080_CPU1608_GPU466_RAM1120.img = Overclocked CPU@1608, GPU@466, Ram@1120 - WARNING!!! heatsink required!!!!!

Now I don't have the clock speeds of the GPU and RAM, but I am guessing that the CPU clockspeed is 1.6Ghz just as in the stock rom ? Do I really need a heatsink ?

And since output seems to be in 1080p already.. I seem to have all the major benefits from this ROM already included in stock (except for root). Have I misunderstood anything here ?
    Last edited by rapalax; 02-09-2013, 16:24.

Ok Your standard ROM is full of bloat ware stuff you don't need or want Finless ROM is full of added drivers and support that your standard ROM has not got nor can support ,I don't want to go on but why don't you just try it if it's completable with your device Simple !!

Also I would read the thread before installing the wrong Kernel and cooking your device
    My Device: T-R42
    ROM: Wasser ?????
    Peripherals: 5Port USB-2 Hub : Logitech K700 Keyboard : Buffalo 1TB HDD : 32 GB MicroSD : Wireless Xbox360 Controller : 5amp switch mode power supply

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I have been a long time user of custom roms, and understand the benefits and risks.

I'd like to try the ROM and I have no doubt that it will be better than stock, however I want to understand the exact benefits from it if I already have 1080p and 1.6ghz from stock... So far, aside from root, it seems the only thing I would benefit from would be the memspace repartition, which I need.

Unfortunately my device is a 802 v1 revision 2, which seems that it might suffer from stability issues with finless.. I'll probably wait until bob and alex work out the kinks, or they ask me to test something.

Comment

Originally posted by rapalax View Post
        Thanks for your reply. I have been a long time user of custom roms, and understand the benefits and risks.

I'd like to try the ROM and I have no doubt that it will be better than stock, however I want to understand the exact benefits from it if I already have 1080p and 1.6ghz from stock... So far, aside from root, it seems the only thing I would benefit from would be the memspace repartition, which I need.

Unfortunately my device is a 802 v1 revision 2, which seems that it might suffer from stability issues with finless.. I'll probably wait until bob and alex work out the kinks, or they ask me to test something.
        Ok sorry then just if you select 1.6ghz option without a heat sink fitted you will cook your device just trying to look out for ya
        My Device: T-R42
        ROM: Wasser ?????
        Peripherals: 5Port USB-2 Hub : Logitech K700 Keyboard : Buffalo 1TB HDD : 32 GB MicroSD : Wireless Xbox360 Controller : 5amp switch mode power supply

Comment

Hehe.. I am taking your warning seriously!

I just wish someone can clarify for me if my device is already 'overclocked' from stock or not. Seems newer versions of these devices are already clocked at 1.6ghz but I guess I'll run a system info app or something to be sure.

Edit: Just ran 'Android System Info' and although it seems to support it, it has no cycles logged @ 1608Mhz, only at 1200Mhz and below. Furthermore, screen resolution seems to be 1280x672, but my TV is reporting that the hdmi connection is at 1080p... not sure if this is what Alex/Bob mean by 'True' 1080p but I think I have enough reason to try the ROM now

Comment

Re: 'Overclock' in Finless 1.7 ?

Apart from a better heatsink I think you would need a really good power supply to hit 1.6 reliably.

Sent from my ZP900 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

SUCCESS !!

Ok so I flashed finless 1.7 (1.2ghz 1080p o/c kernel) on one of these UG802 V1 revision 2 devices. The process was pretty much as described in readme, but I couldn't use my Win8 box for the Flash Tool, but worked fine on a Win7 box - of course you need to push enter flash mode quickly, etc..

Everything works great (YES EVEN WIFI)! Ive only been running it a few hours and rebooted 2 or 3 times, but so far no instability that Koeipi reported earlier!

Great job Bob and Alex !!

Comment

Working...
              X