Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

map network drive for downloads

Hey guys and gals. I have a question.
    Is there a way to map a network drive on my imito so that all my downloads will go into a folder on my server so that i dont have to use space on my imito. I am rooted and all that. I have FX and ES file explorer on it. But i still have to copy and paste to the network drive. Hopefully someone can help me here. Thanks in advance

i would like to know too
    have the torrents saving to the micro sd card tho

Comment

Part of the answer to this depends on whether or not the kernel for the iMito has support for CIFS/SMB and/or NFS and, if it doesn't, whether or not that support can be built as a module for the iMito kernel. If that support is there or can be added, then something like this tutorial for the Nexus 7 should also work for the iMito.

So, does anyone know if that support is available in any of the currently available builds for the iMito devices? @finless?

Comment

CIFS is in my ROMs for the Imito.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: map network drive for downloads

Originally posted by dutchmaster18 View Post
          Hey guys and gals. I have a question.
          Is there a way to map a network drive on my imito so that all my downloads will go into a folder on my server so that i dont have to use space on my imito. I am rooted and all that. I have FX and ES file explorer on it. But i still have to copy and paste to the network drive. Hopefully someone can help me here. Thanks in advance
          yes, you can use cifs manager from Google Play and mount network drives.

Automount at boot doesn't work only if you use a script manager and a script for mounting at boot

Sent from SGS III GT-I9300 🙋🙎🙍🙇🙅🙌

Comment

Originally posted by marcedli View Post
            yes, you can use cifs manager from Google Play and mount network drives.

Automount at boot doesn't work only if you use a script manager and a script for mounting at boot

Sent from SGS III GT-I9300 
            Hi, give a try to mountmanager (automount works) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...smanager&hl=en
            There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. This has been picking my brain for some time now will give it a try today

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                Hi, give a try to mountmanager (automount works) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...smanager&hl=en
                ok ive tried this and not sure what to do with it is there some type of tutorial. what im trying to do is point ttorrent to the drive on the network and not on the imito. any help would be appreciated

Comment

What this app does is to map a network shared folder as a local directory, so imito thinks saving data in a local folder but really is doing it on your shared folder in another computer.
                  Hope you undernstand this, my english is not so good :P
                  There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Working...
                  X