Pimp My Mk802 III Antenna and CPU mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimp My Mk802 III Antenna and CPU mods

Hi I just wanted to share some pictures of my modded MK802III The first thing i decided to tackle was the appalling wifi signal the second was the fact that the manufacture decided on this model to not fit a heatsink to the CPU so i also tackled this problem and fitted so here are some pictures of my mods

Firstly I removed that piece of metal and tinfoil that was supposed to act as an antenna

Then I modded the back half of my casing using just a round file so that my new antenna fitted snugly allowing the top half of the case to still be fitted back on at a later stage (I sourced the antenna from a old router) all held in place with some super glue

Next I refitted the motherboard back into the case putting the original coax cable through the centre of the fitted antenna (I then stripped the coax cable exposing the centre silver cable but only back to the bottom of the antenna base) this allows me to remove the antenna top and pull the coax cable from the antenna when I need to upgrade or flash a new ROM Job done with the antenna and it's all fitted to the original housing

Next Fitting a heatsink to the CPU on the MK802III there are already a load of air holes drilled in the top half of the housing, So I used a sharp craft knife to cut out the piece of plastic from the top housing by cutting hole to hole. You end up with a perfectly placed square hole above your CPU (this allows the top half of the case to be fitted over the heatsink but the heatsink to protrude through the housing for better cooling and possible fitting of a fan if needed (The heatsink needed is 20mm x 20mm)

Next fit the heatsink to the CPU I used a double sided heat conductive pad available from maplin or **** but you can also use heat conductive glue. That's it all done and my Mk802III is still in it's housing and looking quite cool I think

If anyone has any questions or queries please post them below and I will always try to help
    My Device: T-R42
    ROM: Wasser ?????
    Peripherals: 5Port USB-2 Hub : Logitech K700 Keyboard : Buffalo 1TB HDD : 32 GB MicroSD : Wireless Xbox360 Controller : 5amp switch mode power supply

Looks like you use a RC transmitter antenna!
    Should work well....

WHat radio did you take it from?

FYI, I am into RC Helicopters so google my name and you should find some interesting things

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: Pimp My Mk802 III Antenna and CPU mods

The antenna came from a d-link router so it was already on the correct band so again saves time and trouble of matching the antenna to the correct frequency

Wow Bob googled your name how do you find the time found your heli forum and hundreds of YouTube vids very cool going to check some of them out

Sent Using My Pimped Mk802III
      My Device: T-R42
      ROM: Wasser ?????
      Peripherals: 5Port USB-2 Hub : Logitech K700 Keyboard : Buffalo 1TB HDD : 32 GB MicroSD : Wireless Xbox360 Controller : 5amp switch mode power supply

Comment

Working...
      X