Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube U23GT Battery Issue

Hey guys,
    I hope you can help me with this. I recently bought a new U23GT and received it few days ago. After flashing the New rooted ROM Ver. 1.06 and recognized that the Tab's CPU is just clocked at 1400 Mhz instead of 1600 and the device Battery does't charge up to 100 % It only vharges upto 89 % or sometimes 97 % and start to drain until it shows 36 % or so and suddenly jumps to 0 % and the device switches off.
    Today I flashed the previous ROM 1.05 on the device wondering that the CPU clocked at 1608 Mhz which is how it meant to be. But the battery Problem is still there. I also tried to re-calibrate the battery but no change.

What would you suggest? What should I do?

In case I may need a new Battery can any one tell me what kind of battery I need for this device? I've already opened the case but did not find any specifications.

The Battery size is 154 mm x 70 mm x 4 mm . Do I need a 4.2 V 4500 mA Battery or is it a 7.4 Volt 2500 mA one???

Thank you
    MJay

Re: Cube U23GT Battery Issue

How long does the battery last?

How many cells in the battery?
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
      How long does the battery last?

How many cells in the battery?

Hi, It seems to be a one Cell battery because it is covered by the foil completely.
      I charged the device it goes to 89 % and then discharges till 34 % or once it was below 25 % and then shuts down. It lasts about 4,15 hours.
      I tried to check the charger the charger is I thing working properly.
      Unfortunately you cant charge the device by switching it off completely It always goes on when you attach the power cable to it. I erased the Nand flash yesterday so It couldn't boot up any way and charged it over 8 Hours and then re flashed it. It showed me 100 % but after 4,30 hours it shutdown at about 22 % battery level. I am so desperate I don't know whats wrong!

kind regards

Comment

Are you where that's not just normal. 4 and a half hours sounds about right for a 4200 mah battery. Have you ever had better from it?
        900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Are you where that's not just normal. 4 and a half hours sounds about right for a 4200 mah battery. Have you ever had better from it?
          well in fact this is my first china Tab. My kindle Fire ( not HD) lasts about 8 or 9 Hours for PDF reading using repligo reader. I tried the same on u23Gt now with 4 hours as result.
          Still normal?

Comment

The rk3066 processors give great performance but are heavy on the battery so I think that sounds about right. You would really need to check with other owners of the u23gt.
            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

The rk3066 processors give great performance but are heavy on the battery so I think that sounds about right. You would really need to check with other owners of the u23gt.
              Yeah that could be Ok if it lasts 4 hours but the battery indication and its sudden drops are definitely
              not normal. I've just pried off the panel again and figured out that It is a 3,7 Volt 4500mAH Battery.
              Now I am going to order one from china and lets see if any changes occur

kind regards
              Mjay

Comment

Good luck with the battery change though I don't expect it to make any difference. Let us know how it goes.
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Good luck with the battery change though I don't expect it to make any difference. Let us know how it goes.
                  Hi,

well the battery is on its way.. Meanwhile the situation is much worse.I charge the tablet over 3-4 hours start watching a movie with MX player or other Video player and after 10 min viewing the battery goes to ZERO and the device switches off..

I've tried different chargers unfortunately same result.

kind regards
                  Mjay

Comment

Working...
                  X