New Yaundao N70s..battery issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend has purchased a new Yuandao N70s from In4dealz.com.
    He has lots of problems with charging its battery.
    It only has a 3000ma/h battery.

It would get hot/very warm when charging(the case that is)
    with the original charger. He charged it one time and and then
    left it overnight(after supposedly fully charging) and when he
    tried to start it up it was dead.
    I suggested after reading this forum..he get a new charger
    So he went to a reputable electronics place and got a new 5V 2amp charger

Now it charges but seems to drain really quickly.
    and it still gets warm (the Tablet case) when on charge.
    The case is plastic..so maybe that has something to with it?

I know its only 3000ma/h battery...but this seems weird?

I was wondering if he updated the ROM if this might help?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Its getting to stage where the only solution seems
    to be contacting in4dealz.com and submitting an RMA request
    and send it back?

One thing you might try is to download the latest firmware from Yuandao. I translated the release notes and saw where they fixed a battery charging issue, but I don't know the details.

I hope to be working on a custom ROM from this release, but I don't have a tablet to test it with, yet.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      One thing you might try is to download the latest firmware from Yuandao. I translated the release notes and saw where they fixed a battery charging issue, but I don't know the details.

I hope to be working on a custom ROM from this release, but I don't have a tablet to test it with, yet.
      So the ROM you originally posted isnt the latest one you speak off?

Comment

No, that was the previous release.

I've done one for the N101 and I'm finishing the N90S, and next week I'll try to tackle the N70S...but I don't have an N70S to test on.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

No, that was the previous release.

I've done one for the N101 and I'm finishing the N90S, and next week I'll try to tackle the N70S...but I don't have an N70S to test on.
          Okay...thanks and understood.

Not having the tablet myself...how easy is it to apply the latest firmware you mentioned
          and where do you get it from?
          Or is it better to wait till you have a go at a new updated ROM including the latest Firmware?

Comment

Well, it is very difficult to download from Yuandao, unless you read Chinese. And if you figure out how, the download is slow, and the server cuts off.

Let me see if I can give you a link to my copy to save you time.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Well, it is very difficult to download from Yuandao, unless you read Chinese. And if you figure out how, the download is slow, and the server cuts off.

Let me see if I can give you a link to my copy to save you time.
              I assume to apply the firmware ..you put it on an SD card
              and put into the tablet
              and then reboot?
              or is there more to it?

Also would it be best to apply your ROM first ??
              and then update to this newer Firmware?

Comment

Here is the link to the offical firmware from Yuandao:

When you unzip the file, you will find 2 folders, one with the the RockchipBatchTool and the root has the image file.

Just run the tool in Windows. You will have to fool around with the settings until you can put it in English. You'll need to install the drivers included in the package in the other folder. Make sure you have USB debugging turned off and connect the tablet to your USB. When the screen comes up that says "USB Mass Storage", click on "boot to flash" on the Batchtool in Windows.

Once it is connected in flash mode, you'll have a green light on the device in the Batch Tool. You will need to erase IDB, which will completely wipe the tablet, all apps and data will be lost. Make sure the erase completes (2048) if not, keep erasing until it finishes (try adjusting the USB cable connection if it doesn't complete)

After you get IDB erased, go ahead and flash the firmware.

Again, on boot, everything will be in Chinese. Let it just sit there for a while so the initial file system can set up. Don't bother adjusting anything until you do a complete second boot, then go into settings and find English (everything will be easier to fix after that)

The official firmware is not rooted, it has a bunch of bloatware, and if Google Play Store shows up, it will have some missing apps. So, I'm not sure you really want to do this until I have a ROM that fixes all of this.

Otherwise, you might try my ROM, but I don't think it will fix the battery issue.

If you request an RMA from In4dealz.com, they will request you to install the latest firmware first to see if it fixes the problem...so It might be worth a try anyway...you can always flash my ROM after that, or keep the setup as is until I get you a new ROM.

Good luck. Let me know what happens.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Sorry, Rockchip tablets don't update via SD card....you have to flash from Windows, that's the only way.

If you get stuck somehow, the manual way to get the tablet into flash mode is to unplug the power, plug in the tablet side of the USB, but leave the PC side off. Press the power button and hold it until the tablet powers off. With the tablet off, hold the volume + button and while holding it, plug in the USB to your PC. It will then boot into flash mode (black screen on the tablet, but green light on the BatchTool.)
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Here is the link to the offical firmware from Yuandao:

When you unzip the file, you will find 2 folders, one with the the RockchipBatchTool and the root has the image file.

Just run the tool in Windows. You will have to fool around with the settings until you can put it in English. You'll need to install the drivers included in the package in the other folder. Make sure you have USB debugging turned off and connect the tablet to your USB. When the screen comes up that says "USB Mass Storage", click on "boot to flash" on the Batchtool in Windows.

Once it is connected in flash mode, you'll have a green light on the device in the Batch Tool. You will need to erase IDB, which will completely wipe the tablet, all apps and data will be lost. Make sure the erase completes (2048) if not, keep erasing until it finishes (try adjusting the USB cable connection if it doesn't complete)

After you get IDB erased, go ahead and flash the firmware.

Again, on boot, everything will be in Chinese. Let it just sit there for a while so the initial file system can set up. Don't bother adjusting anything until you do a complete second boot, then go into settings and find English (everything will be easier to fix after that)

The official firmware is not rooted, it has a bunch of bloatware, and if Google Play Store shows up, it will have some missing apps. So, I'm not sure you really want to do this until I have a ROM that fixes all of this.

Otherwise, you might try my ROM, but I don't think it will fix the battery issue.

If you request an RMA from In4dealz.com, they will request you to install the latest firmware first to see if it fixes the problem...so It might be worth a try anyway...you can always flash my ROM after that, or keep the setup as is until I get you a new ROM.

Good luck. Let me know what happens.
                    Thanks for this ...wow
                    it is much appreciated
                    I will speak with my friend who has the tablet
                    and he can decide..what he wants to do(ie contact in4dealz.com...or try the firmware)

I assume even if we apply the firmware(via the batch tool)
                    we could still apply your new ROM when it comes out??

Comment

Sorry, Rockchip tablets don't update via SD card....you have to flash from Windows, that's the only way.

If you get stuck somehow, the manual way to get the tablet into flash mode is to unplug the power, plug in the tablet side of the USB, but leave the PC side off. Press the power button and hold it until the tablet powers off. With the tablet off, hold the volume + button and while holding it, plug in the USB to your PC. It will then boot into flash mode (black screen on the tablet, but green light on the BatchTool.)
                      Thanks! understood...and thanks for this tip(ie how to get into flash mode)

Will let you know the outcome of all this...
                      Thanks again for link and advice

Comment

You bet. It will be much easier.

I can send you a beta to try when you are ready.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

I'm uploading my new ROM, if you are willing to try it...and let me know what you think.

I'm interested in if Google Play Store is present and working and anything else you might find for me. I'll post a temporary link as soon as it uploads.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

OK, here it is:

If anyone wants to test this, and let me know how it works...I would like to release it.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Working...
                            X