The USB Hub Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The USB Hub Solution

I am trying to find a suitable USB hub is becoming more of a challenge then I thought.

First the USB hub must have the following:

- Ethernet port
    - 3 or more USB ports
    - On/Off switch

This is the best I can find right now, but it is missing a On/Off switch. I can find a 5VDC 3A power adapter locally and install an On/Off switch. Wish they make a suitable USB hub for us Android users !

I like this from DX. Find the cool gadgets at a incredibly low price with worldwide free shipping here.

Why not something like this for your hub? I have my MK808, powered USB hub, external speakers, and monitor all plugged in to it. Throw one switch to turn it all on, one switch (after properly powering down the stick) to turn it all off...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man View Post
      Why not something like this for your hub? I have my MK808, powered USB hub, external speakers, and monitor all plugged in to it. Throw one switch to turn it all on, one switch (after properly powering down the stick) to turn it all off...
      I thought about using a power bar too, just not too elegant and cumbersome !
      Best deal is getting them at Ikea stores 2/$5.00cad !

A good USB hub like the D-Link is $24 and + $2.50 for a power bar is costing almost half the price of a mini Android stick !

Comment

Have a look at this one.
        I'm sure there are others out there, it depends on your wording when searching.
        There are even links to similar items in freaktab threads .....somewhere

http://www.****.com.au/itm/1-Port-US...item416533d79d

Comment

Originally posted by zvoddy23 View Post
          Have a look at this one.
          I'm sure there are others out there, it depends on your wording when searching.
          There are even links to similar items in freaktab threads .....somewhere

http://www.****.com.au/itm/1-Port-US...item416533d79d
          Yes, I had seen that one, but I don't think it has a jack for an external power adapter which pretty limits the total load to 500mA which is not enough to power a portable HDD.

I am also looking for these cable less USB adapters, hard to find as well !
          http://planexusa.com/product/accessory/pl-uh300b.htm

Comment

I have the power bar (and everything else) Velcro'd to the back of the monitor, so "elegance" isn't really an issue as you don't see anything from the front.

Comment

I ordered this one for an unbelievable price
              4-Port USB 2.0 Hub

Comment

Originally posted by Gizfreak View Post
                4-Port USB 2.0 Hub
                You do realize that it isn't externally powered, right? Chances are that this will NOT do what you want...

Comment

Originally posted by Gizfreak View Post
                  4-Port USB 2.0 Hub
                  Imagine they even included shipping and made a profit !
                  People in the west do not understand the "true" value of a buck, we have been brainwashed by our corporations and society that a buck is not a lot because those greedy corporations want to pocket 5000%-8000% and have given us this myth !

I used to help buyers at major electronics companies with technical details and I saw how much they really pay those companies in China.

Examples:

6ft HMDI cables - Chinese company ask for $0.17ea, we talk them down to $0.12 and they would agree and then we sell it at $69.99 at BestBuy !

Chargers for Nokia cellphones $0.75 and they sell them at retails for $49.99

Car alarm and starter remotes for Clifford, Hornet and Antival costed us $0.52 to make here in North America and we went over to have them made in China for $0.22 and then sell them here at retail for $75 !

32" HDTV costed around $175 to manufacturer and sold at a crazy $15,000-$20,000 back in 2003 and now they are under $250 retail !

....greed is what killed America and China knows how to exploit these greedy corporations not with bullets, but with profit$$$ ...now give respect to that lowly buck and visit your local Dollarama and see what they can do for just a buck after three parties have made a profit !
                  Last edited by EdT; 02-27-2013, 00:53.

Comment

Working...
                  X