Plex for Plexpass wrong aspect ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plex for Plexpass wrong aspect ratio

The new Plex app for android, Plex for Plexpass, looks fantastic. There is a huge problem tho: when the video is transcoded by the plex media server the player displays it with a 4:3 aspect ratio (also the subtitles are down-stretched, horizontally "compressed"...).

In the Plex forum a Plex employee wrote:

Hey, I'm sorry you're having issues! We've found that some Android HDMI sticks actually lie to the application about the screen size, which causes these weird scaling issues. We've got a few ideas how to improve in the future, so hopefully we can get a fix out soon...

Is anybody using this app? Does anybody have a suggestion about how to solve the problem?

I'm using it on an iMito MX1 with 1.5 Finless 1080p. Could the 720p solve the issue?

Thank you for your great work!

AP
    Attached Files
    Last edited by approximatelyprecise; 02-24-2013, 20:33.

I installed plex on my 1.5 720p. Tomorow i will check if 720 will work

Originally posted by approximatelyprecise View Post
    The new Plex app for android, Plex for Plexpass, looks fantastic. There is a huge problem tho: when the video is transcoded by the plex media server the player displays it with a 4:3 aspect ratio (also the subtitles are down-stretched, horizontally "compressed"...).

In the Plex forum a Plex employee wrote:

Hey, I'm sorry you're having issues! We've found that some Android HDMI sticks actually lie to the application about the screen size, which causes these weird scaling issues. We've got a few ideas how to improve in the future, so hopefully we can get a fix out soon...

Is anybody using this app? Does anybody have a suggestion about how to solve the problem?

I'm using it on an iMito MX1 with 1.5 Finless 1080p. Could the 720p solve the issue?

Thank you for your great work!

AP

Comment

Originally posted by Guidonno View Post
      I installed plex on my 1.5 720p. Tomorow i will check if 720 will work
      Thank you very much!

Comment

Update!

Plex team fixed the aspect ratio issue. The app works great with Finless 1.7, both 720p and 1080p.

If you don't know the app check how it works, it's a good solution to keep your library well organized.

Best

AP

Comment

Working...
        X