Onda Vi40 Elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rom update

There is a updated Rom for the Onda Vi40. The latest out of China was the 1.0 Beta that was very good but had many bugs. There is a new rom released by someone at the forum site Slatedroid developed by Top Notch tablets. I am runningbit now and so far it is huge improvement. Check it out.

Comment

hi guys, received my onda vi40 today, unfortunately i dont speak chinese so the instructions are no use, lol, has anyone got any hints or tips on where to go from here? On first impressions i'm very impressed,i think some advice would be helpfull

After a couple of days im not impressed at all and struggling to flash it, live suite wont install drivers, when i connect to pc it stops my external hard drive from working???
      games seem to stutter abit with some lag
      Last edited by harpo; 04-27-2012, 16:36. Reason: progress update

Comment

help needed, do i need to apply the market fix to my new onda vi40, , or should it work straight out the box? i seem to be missing apps or apps aren't compatable with this device, any ideas
        cheers

Comment

If you can't see the Facebook App in Google Play, then you need to update.

I've just flashed the custom ROM from here to great effect:

They've stripped out all the chinese stuff. Flash and Play all work absolutely fine.

Comment

onda

I've recently bought one of these tablets , overall its a good tablet but not what all the market hype was about.

battery life is poor,never charges to full capacity
            What my main concern is there is no skilled develeopers working on this tablet
            we need some one like finless .

Comment

onda

this tablet needs skilled developers to make it work as it should or even BETTER
              I think this tablet would benefit with Finless expertise

Comment

Originally posted by iffy View Post
                I've recently bought one of these tablets , overall its a good tablet but not what all the market hype was about.

battery life is poor,never charges to full capacity
                What my main concern is there is no skilled develeopers working on this tablet
                we need some one like finless .
                Hello mate
                i bought this tablet too, there are some people over at slate droid that have cooked there own roms, the TNT rom made a huge difference to my tablet, I believe somebody in a earlier post added a link, give it a go

Comment

onda

Thanks mate,
                  none of them address the battery issue

Comment

Unfortunatly this is a A10 architecture. I do not have a A10 tablet so I have not been able tobuild any expertise on it. I may get the polaroid to start learning with.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

onda rom

Good news, thanks,

Comment

builders

Good news, thanks,
                        The manufacture has been updating it's rom on a pretty regular basis, however there is a very good rom that I am using at a site called Top Notch Tablets. They are a seller and have been working on the rom for their customers however all are free to try it! I updated my Onda Vi40 to the stock rom revision 1.0 and then to the TN 1.1 that is based off of that version and I have been running it for months now and am not looking for any upgrades since it is performing very well. Until there is a finless unbloated rom, I think I will be fine.

Comment

flashing issue

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                          If you see it as a mass storage device you are not in recovery mode once you are in recovery mode you will no longer see your device as mass storage device. You will have to find out your method for getting into that mode once there you will have to install the drivers for your device

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
                          Hi guys i have just got a onda vi40 v1 tablet i am having a nightmare trying to flash the firmware
                          i have installed livesuite plugged the tablet in turned off held the home button down pressed the power button 3 times then released the menu button windows makes the sound as if its installing a new device then if i go to device manager it says not installed code 10 also the tablet is going into recovery mode as it is asking me all what i want to do any help would be appreciated i am running windows 7
                          thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by alyntony View Post
                            Hi guys i have just got a onda vi40 v1 tablet i am having a nightmare trying to flash the firmware
                            i have installed livesuite plugged the tablet in turned off held the home button down pressed the power button 3 times then released the menu button windows makes the sound as if its installing a new device then if i go to device manager it says not installed code 10 also the tablet is going into recovery mode as it is asking me all what i want to do any help would be appreciated i am running windows 7
                            thanks in advance
                            You hold the middle button on the tab and then plug in usb to pc, and then tap on power few times,it shoul load drivers and live suit should see you tablet

Comment

flashing problem

You hold the middle button on the tab and then plug in usb to pc, and then tap on power few times,it shoul load drivers and live suit should see you tablet
                              hi thanks for the advice i have tried about 20 times to do this the pc will not install the drivers correctly
                              so far i have launched livesuite selected the image powered dowjn the tablet hold the home button down plugged in the usb cable pushed the power button 3 times the tablet goes into recovery mode but my laptop does not install the tablet correctly thus not allowing livesuite to flash the tablet

Comment

flashing problem

Originally posted by alyntony View Post
                                hi thanks for the advice i have tried about 20 times to do this the pc will not install the drivers correctly
                                so far i have launched livesuite selected the image powered dowjn the tablet hold the home button down plugged in the usb cable pushed the power button 3 times the tablet goes into recovery mode but my laptop does not install the tablet correctly thus not allowing livesuite to flash the tablet
                                Try this: in device manager, uninstall the usb drivers marked with a yellow triangle. Reboot your pc.
                                once you reboot you can run livesuitpack to install the drivers. you should then be able to flash with livesuit.

Comment

Working...
                                X