a/v sync issues on xbmc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a/v sync issues on xbmc

has anyone fixed a/v sync issues? videos tend to be 1 to 2 seconds off. i have messed with all the a/v sync things on xbmc and doesn't really seem to help. any ideas?

I've set an offset of 0.375 seconds in the XML config and that's got it for mine.

Comment

what file do I need to edit?

Comment

Originally posted by dfgas View Post
        what file do I need to edit?
        As far as I can determine, this is set within the individual media player's settings. If you are using XBMC's built-in media player (DVDplayer) by default, when you launch a video/movie, you should see a speaker icon in the lower right side of the status/control bar. Click on that and you will see an audio offset adjustment setting and at the bottom you can indicate whether this adjustment will be default for all files. If you are using a MXplayer or another external media player, the setting is determined again within the player's setting menus. BUT I find no such setting available within MXplayer. I do within BSplayer free. So, it seems to be hit or miss depending on the media player involved.

That said, I only see sync issues with a very few files and I have XBMC set up with the media player control file that allows me to choose between a wide variety of optional external players I have installed, and I switch among them until I find one with no lag. That has never failed me. BSplayer and Wondershare are among the best in terms of smooth video and in-sync playback. Look over on the XBMXandroid forums.

Comment

Working...
        X