XBMC best solution for my MK808

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBMC best solution for my MK808

So I spent the weekend starting over with my MK808-XBMC setup to try and find out why YouTube wasn't working. After re-flashing maybe 50 times I finally have my best running setup yet. XBMC hasn't crashed in 24hrs and the content needing to run YouTube works flawlessly and I can stream content from 1Channel, project FreeTV and iceTV. Note I also use archos player exclusively for streaming SMB shares. For those interested in trying this setup it starts with installing Bob's new Finless 2.0 ROM. I have the best luck with configuring the 2gb internal storage option in the Flash ROM program before Flashing. Then after making the basic system setting adjustments power off and reposition the power cable from the OTG port to the power port. AT this point I re-started and installed the archos player and codecs as well as MX player/codecs and Wondershare. Also I downloaded the YouTube app from the play store and made sure it was working. Now download the new FRODO 12.1 XBMC apk from xbmc.org and install. After installing let it sit for 2 minutes then access the Video tab then Add-Ons then wait a couple of minutes while it updates. After you stop seeing update messages wait a couple of minutes and then shut down XBMC. Then reboot. Now you are ready to enable the FRODO 12.1 add-ons included. First I installed and confirmed that the YouTube app was working with the XBMC YouTube add-on. Then I installed my 20 favorite add-ons and tested. XBMC successfully opened and played 75-80% of the content. Note that a lot of content on the web is broken so no setup will play everything. Now it was time to try some of the unofficial stuff coming out of XBMCHUB.org. I downloaded and installed from zip file 1Channel, project FreeTV and iceTV and they all worked giving access to 1000's of streaming video content. Note I did not install the libstagefright or playcorefactory.xml stuff and I am not sure if it is necessary anymore as Bob included in 1.7c maybe it's already in 2.0. Also I avoided using XBMC for Movies as it crashed for me when I tried to config a SMB share and allow XBMC to download the info for 900 movies. For now I am using archos for streaming from my SMB shares. Way back at FInless 1.5 I made a PayPal donation to Bob and with 2.0 it's time for me to "Pay Up or Shut Up". Thank you Bob for all of the work you do to help us get the most out of our TV Sticks. Please accept this donation with my thanks for giving me countless hours of tweeking enjoyment ! Pura Vida, Joe

Originally posted by showkit View Post
    So I spent ..............................of tweeking enjoyment ! Pura Vida, Joe
    Very very intertesting, without libstagefright, it looks almost impossible. I will definitely give shot to that BUT I am waiting for Bob's 2.00 to get out of Beta. If Bob is reading that can he confirms that he does NOT included libstagefright in 2.0 built?
    Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Re: XBMC best solution for my MK808

Originally posted by dark_angel View Post
      Very very intertesting, without libstagefright, it looks almost impossible. I will definitely give shot to that BUT I am waiting for Bob's 2.00 to get out of Beta. If Bob is reading that can he confirms that he does NOT included libstagefright in 2.0 built?
      Thanks for sharing!
      the liststagefright patch does not work on android 4.2. someone needs to test how good or not is the beta rom.

by the moment the best option i did find was configuring in xbmc to use mx player as default player.

Sent from my MOMO11 四核 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
      X