Cube u30gt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube u30gt 2

Well I've had my new tab for 3 hours. First impressions very positive. Testing my ROM on it. Antutu gives about 16,400.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using Tapatalk HD
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
    Well I've had my new tab for 3 hours. First impressions very positive. Testing my ROM on it. Antutu gives about 16,400.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using Tapatalk HD
    how's the battery performance?

I'm really disappointed with u30gtMINI battery

Comment

Re: Cube u30gt 2

I've about 4.5 hours of usage on it so far. Still reports plenty of battery.
      900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Hey, 900 you are the test pilot and rom developer for the next Rockship generation. Fasten your seatbelts and engage warp 16400, captain.

JDfense

Comment

Hey if you want a job done properly then do it yourself :-)

Seriously cube ROMs get better and better, this one just seems to need a light touch.
          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

For shure in most cases, but in you hands captain, we will get the best cube rom, ever.

In germany, I could get only the white version of the new cube and I'm not hungry enough for that colour.

But soon after the first quad core hype, I will get my own device for testing your work.
            I have not much hope that I could something improve than, but using a fine rom is not bad too.

JDfense

Comment

Yes mine is white, it will keep me going until cube release a mini 3188 :-)

Need to get clockwork recovery sorted, but worst case will release a ROM with stock recovery at the weekend.
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Cube u30gt 2

Hey 900, any update on custom ROM?

Just ordered one yesterday and according to FEDEX, it should be here WED or THU !!👍.

Comment

Custom ROM has been up for a week or so. If you like 10 inch tablets then you will really like this one.
                  900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Hi

Hi, i just recieved the u30gt2 today, it came with 1.03 firmware, its got screen bleed on bottom right corner but will have to live with it, the screen quality is nice, could be better if could brighter screen abit more,

the stock browser aint great its very laggy, i tried the bbc iplayer desktop site, couldnt play the hd versions ? firefox was better browsing , and it does run the bbc iplayer desktop, runs HD versions but abit jerky, i also tried a few MKV rips 720p around 2gb- 3gb size, they run better on mx player then stock player, but they aint perfectly smooth ? but the picture quality is really impressive as is the battery life

you think the firmware updates will sort this ? does your rom run better then stock 1.03 ?

THanks

Comment

I only used the stock ROM for a few minutes so cannot answer there. I mostly use Chrome for browsing and find it good.

I'd expect that the performance will improve as they optimise the kernel.
                      900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                        I only used the stock ROM for a few minutes so cannot answer there. I mostly use Chrome for browsing and find it good.

I'd expect that the performance will improve as they optimise the kernel.
                        Hi, ya i hope so, really wanted the hd version on bbc iplayer desktop site to be smooth, as the screen is very good, hopefully newer firmware will optimize the rockchip , but why is the stock browser so bad ??

Comment

Originally posted by uscool View Post
                          Hi, ya i hope so, really wanted the hd version on bbc iplayer desktop site to be smooth, as the screen is very good, hopefully newer firmware will optimize the rockchip , but why is the stock browser so bad ??
                          uscoll, is itpossible that the BBC/desktop site HD video is not smooth due to the internet connection?
                          That is usually the case per my experience:
                          - full HD streaming "OK, but not great"
                          - full HD from SD card is about perfect

BTW, how bad is the bleed on your screen bootom right?
                          Is it very visible ? All occasions? Any way to test it or look for it?
                          (Mine should arrive tomorrow according to FedEx web site.)

Comment

Originally posted by WatchFan1 View Post
                            uscoll, is itpossible that the BBC/desktop site HD video is not smooth due to the internet connection?
                            That is usually the case per my experience:
                            - full HD streaming "OK, but not great"
                            - full HD from SD card is about perfect

BTW, how bad is the bleed on your screen bootom right?
                            Is it very visible ? All occasions? Any way to test it or look for it?
                            (Mine should arrive tomorrow according to FedEx web site.)
                            well in the dark , and when movies goes dark or black bars, cant see it when screen is got color , just black bars in movies or dark scenes can see it alot, rest of screen is perfect, its not my internet as its 30mb download, use smart tv and plays perfect, phone, laptop, pc all perfect and router is in same size, its tab hardware or software not optimized , the mkv 720p rip which are 2-3gb in size aint exactly smooth, but mx player seems to play them the best, just hoping it gets sorted in future firmware, also mate the stock browser is laggy best not used

Comment

had more time to play with it, actually the stock browser can play bbc iplayer hd desktop site , looks very nice, just a slight framedrop but very watchable , i tried need for speed most wanted and wow runs perfect and the graphics are top class , battery life is great, hope this gets regular rom/firmware updates

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X