No announcement yet.

Pipo S2 RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's unfortunate that Pipo has not updated this tablet since October 2012...therefore it is still 4.1.1
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Hello dudes, this is Jayzied, new member over here, and I have a heavy problem: I bricked my Pipo S2. I've used your manual, Riley, yet at the moment the CWM Recovery loads after the flash, my tablet doesn't reboot. So, I have to close it (you can hear a sound when it turns off) and, then, I can't turn on it. I can enter to the CMW recovery pushing VOL + and power button, but I can't flash any other rom because it's not recognized by the Flash Tool. What can I do?

I followed all the steps, I don't know what has passed...

Comment

Re: Pipo S2 RileyROM 1.0 Testers Needed

Try downloading and flashing the stock firmware from the Pipo site.

Sent from my M7pro using Tapatalk 2
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

How can I do it? As I said, the Flash Tool doesn't recognize the tablet :/

Comment

Re: Pipo S2 RileyROM 1.0 Testers Needed

Sorry for the delay...I'm at work.

In the Pipo forum there is a thread with instructions on how to manually get the tablet into flash mode. Sorry, I'm mobile so I can't give you a link.

Try that.

Sent from my M7pro using Tapatalk 2
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Man, thanks! It works perfectly. Now I'm afraid to reinstall the custom ROM; maybe I wait to a new release with total suport to CWM recovery. Thanks for all Riley ;D

Comment

Do anyone else experience freeze problems after a long time of stand by. My pipo s2 cant wake after a deep sleep. I tried all firmwares mentioned, in forums and pipo site, but nope. Sometimes it gets alive by long pressing power button with menu or vol + button but sometimes it doesnt. sometimes it opens after many combination buttons. and sometimes it makes a reset with the combinations long pressed. i am totally disappointed with my new tablet.. actually its a great one if it worked flawlessly.. any ideas sirs?

Comment

Do you have an external SD card inserted?

If so...power off and remove it. See if that solves the freezing problem.

If it does...reformat the card with NTFS. It shouldn't freeze again after that.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk 4
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    OK, on this recovery.img, I split the kernel. This isn't CWM. I am having a hard time getting CWM to run on these Pipo's. As soon as I figure that out, I can start offering CWM with my ROM's, but until then...it is stock recovery for me.

Here is the link:

Just put it in the RileyROM folder and rename your old recovery...recoveryold.img
                    Then rename this one recovery.img

It should go ahead and format your internal sd for you.

As for the kernel...try using this kernel again...and if that doesn't work, just use that other one.

If you can send me a link to the other kernel, I can add it to the kit to use as a choice.
                    server is down randy can't download this. ive tried oma rom on s2 but they had issues on rotating screen.. and the slide menu. theyre rom is 4.2.2 on s2

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      Do you have an external SD card inserted?

If so...power off and remove it. See if that solves the freezing problem.

If it does...reformat the card with NTFS. It shouldn't freeze again after that.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk 4
                      I dont have any sd card on attached on my tab.. Anyway will try to reflash

Comment

So i flashed this rom and reached at the cwm boot up, then as you instructed in the read me (reboot the system). So i rebooted but it only stock on a black screen, cant power the device back on. I waited for 15 mins. The only I did to turn on the device again is to flash a stock rom while pressing the reset button since any hardware button combinations wont let the s2 tab to be detected with the flash tool. Any fix? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by langasi View Post
                          Anyway, at first this rom didn't work on my S2. After flashing, it booted into CWM fine but after rebooting the device didn't load - just plain black screen. Turning the device off/on didn't help. It still entered into flashing mode with no problems using hardware buttons.
                          I also tried repacking your rom using Wendal's tools, but when I got an error when trying to load the firmware in RKBatchtool.
                          The rom worked only when I reflashed the kernel I took from another rom I was using before. Also, I got the "Damaged Storage" error again after formatting the storage.
                          Something else might had been different too (besides the kernel) since I tried flashing different IMGs from a working rom without erasing NAND.

Same experience here. How to make this rom work? Or can I just flash the M5 riley rom for S2? Will it work?

Comment

I will look further at this ROM tomorrow on my day off. Maybe we can get something working for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by rrileypm; 12-30-2013, 15:28.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Hi,Mr Riley!

I try many custom Roms from the net,and must said your rom for Pipo S2 is the aa l best for me.Work
                              nice and smooth,like it a lot.Only my pipo system info now said it is M5 with lower resolution.
                              Never mind,work awesome and I hope you soon make new rom for Pipo S2.
                              Greets from Croatia!

Comment

Hi,Mr Riley!

I try many custom Roms from the net,and must said your rom for Pipo S2 is the best for me.Work
                                nice and smooth,like it a lot.Only my pipo system info now said it is M5 with lower resolution.
                                Never mind,work awesome and I hope you soon make new rom for Pipo S2.
                                Greets from Croatia!

Comment

Working...
                                X