No announcement yet.

Looking For a Connector to Connect Between A Regular USB Port And Mini USB Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking For a Connector to Connect Between A Regular USB Port And Mini USB Port

I was wondering about the ubs port on the PMID701i and PMID4311. Is it a slave usb port or a host usb port? Just wondering so I will know what kind of keyboard to get for it. Thanks to whoever knows.
    Last edited by cherylharrell1961; 03-29-2013, 03:14.
    Tablets: Polaroid PMID 701i, PMID 4311, Zeki 10" tablet

"God Loves You"- Arlo Guthrie

I looked up online and it's port is a slave being you can charge it up or connect thru the computer with the cable. So what I am now needing to look for is a cable with on one end of it,the mini usb plug to plug it into the tablet and the other end have a port on it that a regular usb can connect to it for connecting to the keyboard.

I think one is has a mini usb port on it to connect to the laptop. The other end has on it the port thing you connect the mini keyboards usb cord to.

Comment

The port is a slave when connected to a computer or charger. It is host when a keyboard or hub or other peripherals are connected. The host supplies the power, so you cannot charge and use a usb device at the same time. Any generic usb kb should work as long as it doesn't draw too much power from the tablet. I would get a usb a to usb mini or micro adapter and try a few kbs at a computer store to see what you like. You can also try a powered hub to minimize tablet battery drain. You can also use a memory stick which would be a slave as well. The dominant has the power over the submissive.
      Last edited by matt; 03-29-2013, 12:43. Reason: brain corruption

Comment

Thanks so much for the info. Now I have to find an adapter to go between the keyboard and tablet so I can buy the tablet.

Comment

A new tablet should ????? come with an USB A female to mini/micro USB male.

Comment

Unfortunately mine didn't come with the right kind for hooking between a keyboard and the tablet. It only came with the usb cord for charging and hooking to the computer to put stuff on it.

Comment

My adapter came with the keyboard/case I bought and rarely use. The buttons are kinda small. The adapter also works to connect a usb gamepad, like my logitec dual action.

Comment

Originally posted by cherylharrell1961 View Post
                Unfortunately mine didn't come with the right kind for hooking between a keyboard and the tablet. It only came with the usb cord for charging and hooking to the computer to put stuff on it.
                What you need is an OTG ("USB - On The Go") cable. Two of the pins are connected together which tells the tablet that it may have to act as a host (i.e. supply power, etc.) rather than a client. I'm sure you can find them online but they're nearly impossible to find in a store unless you live in a real techie hotspot.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think one of those comes with the keyboard I ordered.

Comment

Working...
                  X