Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heatsink modding

Hi all,

I just made a nice upgrade to our loved mk808 . I supouse that when its possible to unfold the beast to 1.6ghz or OC with two power supplies we are going to have heat problems. This is why I already made a modding on the case adding a heatsink.
    I installed finless 1.7 and works really great , this man is saving the day to all . I´m not sure if I need to buy a second power supply 5v2a because benchmarks freeze if i put setcpu to the max. Is it ok if I connect the otg also to the usb from the tv ? Idk if that will burn or something, Im already using a power supply 5v2a .

[IMG][/IMG]

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by daniliver; 03-29-2013, 16:21.

Very nice and the end result is simply awesome.

Comment

Heatsink modding

Nice work, but why you didnt remove the old heatsink?

Also, it will be more effective with thermal paste underneath.

Comment

Nice, thinking about doing a similar thing.
        How hard would it be to take the original heatsink off?

Comment

Originally posted by lukesan View Post
          How hard would it be to take the original heatsink off?
          yeah, how hard exactly? someone already removed his original heatsink ?

from this pic you can see its glued with thermal glue maybe (the white stuff) :

Comment

My heat sinks where held on with just thermal tape. Very easy to just pry away. Yes they may leave a little tape glue on the chips. You just clean that off. I cant speak to the later model though and how they are held on. My MK808B will be here soon so I will have a look.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. I already tried to take off the original heatsink but it was too hard glued an I didnt want to risk with too much presure
              I will buy some thermal paste soon , I was just excited and did it all fast. Anyways I leave it all night running boinc and torrents and the next morning the gadget is dead cold so it makes good contact atm.
              It´s not that difficult to make , you need the tools in fact took me more time to make the video than to make the modding (video sucks anyways ).

Another thing I did is to connect the mk to the usb from the tv and it was a crazy improvement on performance and wifi signal.Together ofc with the 5v2a power supply from the other miniusb. So yes definitely we are going to make a second thought on how much juice is going to need this to use 1.6ghz or oc to 2Ghz. Maybe two power supply of 5v3amps ??

Cya

Comment

Working...
              X