Flashing MK808B from Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andromoid View Post
    Hi Bob, nice to meet you. Is there a way to repartition without using a connected PC? If not, and if I must use the rkbatchtool from Linux, when I do that (I haven't figured at all out yet how even to do that), would that destroy the installed CWM loader, recovery loader, boot loader, pre boot loader, whatever the heck it is?
    On Linux, I'd normally expect that if I repartition all the partitions, nothing is left after that, except maybe the MBR. However, one could free the bottom partitions, and then re-add the partitions with a different size, leaving the top partition(s) in place. Normal fdisk type of stuff.
    Using rkbatchtool, is it kind of the same? Could one have CWM on it, repartition without touching the top partition (boot partition?), and then boot into recovery, then ready to accept the new ROM?
    I have the feeling that a few light bulbs will be going off on my end...

Alternatively, could an App exist that repartitions without touching CWM, after which of course it'd have to reboot right away, because it'd have literally nuked the entire environment from underneath itself...?
    At least I don't know how make that, if you want to test what select tell us, but it is not tested before.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Repartition tool

I'm seeing posts like this:

Hi, Because I don't run Windows nor NetBSD, I rewrote rkflash from scratch with the use of libusb-1.0, so you can now read and write your rk2818-based tablet's flash memory under Linux (also w/o the need to root your tablet). Credit for...

Hi, Because I don't run Windows nor NetBSD, I rewrote rkflash from scratch with the use of libusb-1.0, so you can now read and write your rk2818-based tablet's flash memory under Linux (also w/o the need to root your tablet). Credit for...

It seems people have been hacking their partition table using rkbatchtool. I wonder if Android itself has the ability to write directly to the device, perhaps somewhere /dev like in Linux? If so, we could write our own fdisk tool, and then reincarnate the functions of CWM as well, to evolve to a more flexible tool. I wonder if one were to really screw up writing all over the place using rkbatchtool to mock with things, if it is possible to brick it. Hopefully I won't have to do the pin 8-9 hack even if I royally mess up things like partition tables...

Comment

Working...
      X