Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to compile your own kernel for rk3066 devices

Originally posted by mustafaupk View Post
    Tried a compiled kernel with the Finless 2.1 rom for the MK808b and there were display problems (although the android booted up and showed the launcher selection screen.

Triend again with Finless 1.6 and it booted up properly with working display. No bluetooth and wifi.
    For the 4.2 roms we need to use the new 3.0.36 sources, actually noone got it working in android, but in picuntu they boots very well.
    To find the new kernel sources search for galland or the new branch of omegamoon. I am in the bed now, tomorrow i will try to post the links to the new sources.

PS: The new sources for rk3066 kernels are in:

SZ Tomato (Shenzhen Tomato) MK808 - Rockchip RK3066 - GitHub - omegamoon/rockchip-rk30xx-mk808 at rk3x-3.0.36+

https://github.com/Galland/rk3x_kernel_3.0.36

I cant make them to boot in android, and no way to check where they fail, same kernel boot in picuntu very well
    leolas
    Last edited by leolas; 06-03-2013, 08:40.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Thanks leolas.

BTW where is the thread (on this forum or elsewhere) where you are trying to develop a working kernel for mk808b. I would like to help out if possible.
      Last edited by mustafaupk; 06-03-2013, 21:35.

Comment

Originally posted by mustafaupk View Post
        Thanks leolas.

BTW where is the thread (on this forum or elsewhere) where you are trying to develop a working kernel for mk808b. I would like to help out if possible.
        I didn't post it in any place. But we will found the same problem with this sources than with the 3.0.8, we lost wifi and bt with custom kernel. At least in my working kernel in picuntu i lost them.
        Like i said before no way to make this kernel sources work in android for me.
        If you have familiarity about compiling kernels and i can assist you in something, only tell me. If you search in google about omegamoon blog, there is some info there. In armtvtech there is some old info too.
        My experience compiling kernels are only with linux a few months ago, and modify code is out of my possibilities.
        I will give you some links when i can sit in my pc.

leolas
        My devices:
        Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
          I didn't post it in any place. But we will found the same problem with this sources than with the 3.0.8, we lost wifi and bt with custom kernel. At least in my working kernel in picuntu i lost them.
          Like i said before no way to make this kernel sources work in android for me.
          If you have familiarity about compiling kernels and i can assist you in something, only tell me. If you search in google about omegamoon blog, there is some info there. In armtvtech there is some old info too.
          My experience compiling kernels are only with linux a few months ago, and modify code is out of my possibilities.
          I will give you some links when i can sit in my pc.

leolas
          Completed your steps outlined above for building an Ubuntu VM and have the sources installed etc. (I have a brand-new 808B that I can kick the tires on.)

Really appreciate all the work that obviously went into this!

I have my first compile complete w/o errors. Ready to add to the update zip. Wanting to open up the official 4.2.2 rom though and fix some issues there before I test with this kernel?

Anyone have a fix list of items I can try to include? I know there is a gameloft fix and things with device settings etc that Finless usually does. Do I just need to open his rom and poke around. Thanks much to Finless, Leolas and all the folks helping with this!

Comment

RK3066 kernel sources from Archos

Archos has a few products with RK3066 and is also providing kernel sources. Family Pad 2 I know for sure is an RK3066 platform and assuming these products are often verry close to the Rockchip's reference platform it might be a good reference for kernel sources. You can find this kernel along with all other Archos products at http://www.archos.com/us/support/sup...dates_gnu.html

Comment

Can someone reupload scripts.zip archive, because link is dead. I need this package to compile rk3066 kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard1989pl View Post
                Can someone reupload scripts.zip archive, because link is dead. I need this package to compile rk3066 kernel.
                Me too!!!! Please.

Comment

Scripts

can someone send me the scripts? Please.
                  Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                    can someone send me the scripts? Please.
                    RK3066 Android Kernel Sources
                    https://github.com/mazen912/rk30_r-box_kernel for TV boxes/Sticks

RK3066 Linux Kernel Sources
                    Latest public (as of May 2013) Rockchip kernel source. Updated to work with Picuntu Linux (more stable) on RK3066 - Galland/rk3x_kernel_3.0.36

(if anyone can modify this source code or the config files to compile a kernel for Android from this I'd be very grateful)

RK3066/RK3188 Kernel Sources, might work better
                    Contribute to Galland/rockchip-rk3188-mk908 development by creating an account on GitHub.

Android 3.0.72 Kernel Sources
                    Generic Rockchip GPL Linux Kernel. Contribute to Galland/Rockchip-GPL-Kernel development by creating an account on GitHub.

You have to put the Nand.ko.3.0.72 file in your boot image and the other 3.0.72 modules into the system/lib/modules folder.

Use these instructions to build, can even copy into a file and rename it to *.sh and make it executable to work as a script.

Copy this folder to your kernel source folder
                    https://github.com/omegamoon/rockchi...ster/omegamoon to get the toolchain required in above step.

For config files you need a MK808_defconfig, copy one from https://github.com/omegamoon/rockchi...ch/arm/configs or a new one from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2J...it?usp=sharing
                    Type 'TOOLCHAIN=./omegamoon/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-'
                    Then type 'ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=$TOOLCHAIN make mk808_defconfig' for example to copy that device info to the config file.
                    Then type 'make menuconfig' to change settings related to that device.
                    Then type 'make' to compile the kernel.
                    'make modules'
                    'make INSTALL_MOD_PATH=MODULES modules_install'

Also see here
                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?9381-MK808B-3-0-72-Kernel-Compiling-Error-Help-Needed
                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...rade-to-3-0-72

If anyone is successful in creating a bootable MK808B kernel, please share it.

Comment

Can someone build kernel 3.0.72 for all rk3066 devices with cpu and gpu overclocking? ...

Comment

Hi i've kernel source for my GoClever R974.2 and i don't know which kernel version is it. My question is how can i build it with CPU and GPU OverClocking ... can someone help me with this?. Kernel source http://openlinux.goclever.com/R83x_R973_R974x/

Comment

can somebody compile drivers for LogiLink ua0025c Fast Ethernet USB 2.0 to RJ45 Adapter for 3.0.36+

Comment

Hello all,

I am trying to build my own kernel for a week now, long hours and les sleep
                            Before i modify something i have to get it working.
                            The goal is to make custom kernels soon and learn how they work.

All kernels i build do not boot ( no hdmi output ), whan can be the cuase?

What i do:
                            I dedicated my new labtop to linux so no VM, running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit
                            cloned the githubs from omegamoon, andrewDB, Alok etc..
                            To be sure i get somethin working i took the .config from a working kernel that was build from the same source:

Code:
                            adb pull /proc/config.gz
                            Unpacked it and copied it to ./arch/arm/config and renamed it to test_defconfig.

Using the toolchain from omegamoon:
                            Code:
                            export ARCH=arm
                            export CROSS_COMPILE=~/android/kernel/toolchains/arm-eabi-linaro-4.6.2/bin/arm-eabi-

make test_defconfig
                            make

./rkcrc -k ./arch/arm/boot/zImage ./kernel.img
                            Also tried all predefined xxx_defconfig people say report working.....
                            ... Yes spend many days figuring it out...
                            Compiling without errors, and got a .img.
                            But every time i flash it it does not boot.
                            One thing i noticed the original was 3.7MB, the new is 3.6MB. ( am i missing something? )

Any idea?

BTW: i tried with all sources i got my hands on and all got the same result.
                            Do i miss something to get a proper android bootable .IMG or do we need to do something to zImage/Image before i can flash it?
                            The image size is 3.6MB so fits the partition.
                            It looks like the stick dont see the Kernel, like it does not exist or cant read it.
                            When flashing back the original it works again.

Is there a way to debug a booting kernel? and see if it actualy boots or not?

Any ideas?

Comment

help

Can anyone help: I'm using kernel sources from http://openlinux.goclever.com/R104/
                              (I also added https://raw.github.com/omegamoon/roc.../vpu_service.c to arch/arm/plat-rk folder)
                              toolchains from: https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_...toolchains.git

export ARCH=arm
                              export PATH=$PATH:~/android/kernels/toolchains/arm-eabi-linaro-4.6.2/bin/
                              export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi-

then
                              make rk2926_sdk_defconfig
                              make

after a while I am getting

CC lib/vsprintf.o
                              AR lib/lib.a
                              LD vmlinux.o
                              arm-eabi-ld: cannot find kernel/built-in.o: No such file or directory
                              make: *** [vmlinux.o] Error 1

And theres no kernel/built-in.o. But why does this happen?
                              Last edited by Shmarkus; 03-05-2014, 21:55. Reason: added link to vpu_service

Comment

Originally posted by MartinF View Post
                                Hello all,

I am trying to build my own kernel for a week now, long hours and les sleep
                                Before i modify something i have to get it working.
                                The goal is to make custom kernels soon and learn how they work.

All kernels i build do not boot ( no hdmi output ), whan can be the cuase?

What i do:
                                I dedicated my new labtop to linux so no VM, running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit
                                cloned the githubs from omegamoon, andrewDB, Alok etc..
                                To be sure i get somethin working i took the .config from a working kernel that was build from the same source:

Code:
                                adb pull /proc/config.gz
                                Unpacked it and copied it to ./arch/arm/config and renamed it to test_defconfig.

Using the toolchain from omegamoon:
                                Code:
                                export ARCH=arm
                                export CROSS_COMPILE=~/android/kernel/toolchains/arm-eabi-linaro-4.6.2/bin/arm-eabi-

make test_defconfig
                                make

./rkcrc -k ./arch/arm/boot/zImage ./kernel.img
                                Also tried all predefined xxx_defconfig people say report working.....
                                ... Yes spend many days figuring it out...
                                Compiling without errors, and got a .img.
                                But every time i flash it it does not boot.
                                One thing i noticed the original was 3.7MB, the new is 3.6MB. ( am i missing something? )

Any idea?

BTW: i tried with all sources i got my hands on and all got the same result.
                                Do i miss something to get a proper android bootable .IMG or do we need to do something to zImage/Image before i can flash it?
                                The image size is 3.6MB so fits the partition.
                                It looks like the stick dont see the Kernel, like it does not exist or cant read it.
                                When flashing back the original it works again.

Is there a way to debug a booting kernel? and see if it actualy boots or not?

Any ideas?
                                What device? And what kernel you try? A kernel for Linux or android? Did you use same kernel version and extraversion that your rknand KO module?

Originally posted by Shmarkus View Post
                                Can anyone help: I'm using kernel sources from http://openlinux.goclever.com/R104/
                                (I also added https://raw.github.com/omegamoon/roc.../vpu_service.c to arch/arm/plat-rk folder)
                                toolchains from: https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_...toolchains.git

export ARCH=arm
                                export PATH=$PATH:~/android/kernels/toolchains/arm-eabi-linaro-4.6.2/bin/
                                export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi-

then
                                make rk2926_sdk_defconfig
                                make

after a while I am getting

CC lib/vsprintf.o
                                AR lib/lib.a
                                LD vmlinux.o
                                arm-eabi-ld: cannot find kernel/built-in.o: No such file or directory
                                make: *** [vmlinux.o] Error 1

And theres no kernel/built-in.o. But why does this happen?
                                Something is wrong with your toolchain.

Leolas.
                                Sent by my phone.
                                My devices:
                                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X