Allot more space to app/game installation partition - MX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
    You can't really use a cold file from any android as some have the sdcard and internal memory in desperate locals. Also that ont work for a USB hard drive as it resides in a separate div folder.

I can outline my setup next week after I get home if you guys want.
    WaaW...
    That's really what I am looking for!
    Waiting the remaining 4 days!! ;-)

Thank you.

Comment

Ok everyone here is the gold!

I just did this on 1.7b and no issues! Also worked great on 1.5 and original factory rom.

I HIGHLY recommend that you move to Finless 1.7(a/b)
      When you do I HIGHLY recommend you use the 6Gb file as the internal NAND will no longer be availible after this is done. Just do it and forget about it and enjoy the extra app install space for anything that cannot go on the SDCARD.

Your hard drive needs to be formatted to NTFS. Can be done VIA any PC.(backup files as formatting to NTFS will kill the files/directories on drive)

Steps for all are as follows.
      1. GET ROOT!!! wont work without root!!
      2. First download this vold.fstab replacement file. This goes in /system/etc/ be sure to backup the original file first!!
      3. reboot.
      4. Now install NtfsSD and Paragon Exfat, ntfs, HFS+
      5. Use Paragon to find out what the hard drive is plugged into the, should be sda1 but you'll see what it is listed as in paragon.(DO NOT MOUNT THE DRIVE)
      6. now open ntfsSD and open preferences(upper right corner) and change the top option from that odd drive location to /dev/block/sda1 (or whatever your drive was listed as in paragon) the second option should remain /mnt/sdcard
      7. Now hit back and select mount and answer yes/allow to any popups.
      8. open the system settings and select "storage" you should see NAND now listed as the hard drive size!!

Now whenever you install and app and it needs to install extra stuff it will be installed to the hard drive since it is now acting like the NAND internal storage(SDCARD)

Last edited by reddragon72; 04-26-2013, 14:56.

Comment

great work RD
        "2. First download this vold.fstab replacement file. This goes in /system/etc/ be sure to backup the original file first!! "

but link to vold.fstab is not set.
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pico View Post
          great work RD
          "2. First download this vold.fstab replacement file. This goes in /system/etc/ be sure to backup the original file first!! "

but link to vold.fstab is not set.
          thanks
          fixed! Sorry about that. I did all that from my phone and forgot the link LOL

Comment

tnx red!

instruction even I think i can follow!
            rc

Comment

one more stupid question
              to change parameter from parameter1gb to parameter6gb in the path of "Finless ROM Flash Tool"
              just you put a 6 instead of 1 or it is more complicated and you have to calculate offset ?

Comment

Read the README in my ROM kit. I tell you how to change parameter files. Remember you have to erase nand and flash entire ROM to change parameter file.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju Å¡to čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  Read the README in my ROM kit. I tell you how to change parameter files. Remember you have to erase nand and flash entire ROM to change parameter file.

Bob
                  one more question for u bob
                  groove ip and viber work ok on my acer tab but not with imito mx2 nor with measy u2c b12 is there a solution?
                  regards

Comment

thanks RD it was really great
                    i have now 1TB on my Measy u2c and it works realy good specialy with my hd films.

Is it possible also to read my ext_SD card 16GB ?

Comment

thanks RD it was really great
                      i have now 1TB on my Measy u2c and it works realy good specialy with my hd films.

Is it possible also to read my ext_SD card 16GB ?

The physical SD card is not blocked by my mod. The only thing is that the external SDcard is not linked to the SDCARD directory. The path to it is /mnt/external-sd. You could create a symbolic link to it so it lands in the SDCARD directory or you could modify the mounting point to point to /mnt/sdcard/external-sd. It doesn't have to be external-sd you can call it whatever you want, but you get my meaning.

Change this....

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/external_sd auto /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0

to this....

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard/external_sd auto /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0

You have to remember something with these devices. sdcard does not always mean a physical sdcard. In the beginning Android phones didn't come with built in memory that was user accessible so sdcards where actually physical sdcards. Now that phones and devices have larger user accessible built in memory(NAND) the manufactures point to that internal memory and call it sdcard and the original sdcard(physical) became external-sd or ext-sdcard and so forth. So don't get all this messed up as that could seriously lead to major issues and boot loops.

As for me I scrapped the internal NAND (i.e. sdcard) and turned it into one big app install ground and left the SDCARD up to the hard drive. So now any apps that install extra content are automatically defaulted to the hard drive as it is now acting as the SDCARD(NAND) memory.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
                        The physical SD card is not blocked by my mod. The only thing is that the external SDcard is not linked to the SDCARD directory. The path to it is /mnt/external-sd. You could create a symbolic link to it so it lands in the SDCARD directory or you could modify the mounting point to point to /mnt/sdcard/external-sd. It doesn't have to be external-sd you can call it whatever you want, but you get my meaning.

Change this....

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/external_sd auto /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0

to this....

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard/external_sd auto /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0

You have to remember something with these devices. sdcard does not always mean a physical sdcard. In the beginning Android phones didn't come with built in memory that was user accessible so sdcards where actually physical sdcards. Now that phones and devices have larger user accessible built in memory(NAND) the manufactures point to that internal memory and call it sdcard and the original sdcard(physical) became external-sd or ext-sdcard and so forth. So don't get all this messed up as that could seriously lead to major issues and boot loops.

As for me I scrapped the internal NAND (i.e. sdcard) and turned it into one big app install ground and left the SDCARD up to the hard drive. So now any apps that install extra content are automatically defaulted to the hard drive as it is now acting as the SDCARD(NAND) memory.
                        thanks, but still not working for me and it takes a long time to start now

do i miss something:

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard /external_sd auto /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0
                        dev_mount udisk0 /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0 1 /devices/platform/usb
                        dev_mount udisk1 /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK1 1 /devices/platform/usb
                        dev_mount udisk2 /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK2 1 /devices/platform/usb
                        dev_mount udisk3 /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK3 1 /devices/platform/usb
                        dev_mount udisk4 /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK4 1 /devices/platform/usb
                        dev_mount udisk5 /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK5 1 /devices/platform/usb

Comment

thanks, but still not working for me and it takes a long time to start now

do i miss something:

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard /external_sd auto /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0
                          You have a space after /mnt/sdcard

Try removing it and trying again.

Comment

Ext-sdcard is working now with this settings:

Also Gallery is seen twice sdcard and in usb0?

Thanks

Comment

Ext-sdcard is working now with this settings:

Also Gallery is seen twice sdcard and in usb0?

Thanks

your issue was with this...

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard /external_sd<---- There is a space in there after sdcard auto /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0

Also I am having no issues with the gallery. All my pictures show up once. But if you are having issues you can always .nomedia the directory. That means go to the directory and create a file in it called .nomedia this will stop the media search from looking in that directory. Be careful because if you do not have ES files explorer(or what ever files explorer you are using) to show hidden files then once you create it you wont see it and that can throw you off in trying to find out why the media player is not finding files.

Comment

Hi i FLASHED my MK809 II ROM with 6gb parameter and the device dont start, is there any idea to reset the rom or to FLASH again with another parameter?

Comment

Working...
                                X