Cube U30GT 2 (1.04 Beta) 900 supersport ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube U30GT 2 (1.04 Beta) 900 supersport ROM

I've just released a RK3188 ROM for the Cube U30GT 2 based on cubes 1.04 Beta. This claims to have fixes for wirless and touch screen, though I was happy with 1.03. If you're not troubled by wireless or touch screen I'd probably wait for the official release

Cube u30gt 2 (1.04 beta) 900supersport 1.1 ROM

Notes
    • Flashing will delete everything on your Cube consider backing up first and remve any sdcard
    Instructions
    • Download and extract to a folder
    • connect the tab to the PC (you did remove the sdcard)
    • start the ROM flash tool
    • put the tab into flash mode, the PC should detect it, see below for instructions
    • install drivers if required
    • erase idb
    • flash, the ROM kit is correctly configured
    • the tab should boot to recovery and format cache, data and sdcard (this will take a few minutes)
    • the tab should now boot
    Let me know how this goes.

So what do you get?
    • defaults to english uk
    • root
    • some bloat removed
    • busybox and init.d support
    • play/market fixes for more apps in Google Play
    • 2 gig app space (this is standard on the stock ROM)

Booting to Bootloader
    • Power off the Cube
    • hold Vol +
    • After 3 to 4 seconds release Vol +
    • The Cube should be detected by the PC.
    • If you have not already installed the drivers now would be a good time. I've included the drivers in the ROM kit in the RockusbDriver folder.

Finally thanks: to Geekbuying who supplied me with the tab so quickly and at a discount, to Tattman65 who created the boot screens and to all the devs and mods here at Freaktab
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Re: Cube U30GT 2 (1.04 Beta) 900 supersport ROM

Wow...this may be just what I needed. My touch screen is all over the place today. I will flash this tomorrow.

Thanks

Sent from my U30GT 2 using Tapatalk 2
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Hi, thanks, my u30gt2 came with stock 1.03 , done my first flash with this and very easy, the scrolling on homescreen is really fast, the wifi connection seems same stuck at 65mb speed, but will see if its better when had more time to play with it, aint had much time to play with current firmware, hope to see more great updates and a 4.2.2 for this great tablet

Thanks

Comment

hi, i did a antutu benchmark, with 1.03 it was 1650 , with this firmware its 1550 lower ? , i notice people get around 1700 on this ? on older firmware, i had noting running in background

Comment

antutu tends to be quite variable in terms of the values reported. I've run it on my and got 16570 1st time.

I'd advise checking the app tray in case any of the chinese apps have sneaked through, if so unistall or use esfile explorer or similar to remove them.

I've re-run antutu while typing this post and got 15896 (i've not rebooted so have many apps running).
          900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Hi, just did a few more goes, its back to normal 16707, thanks

Comment

I finally got around to flashing this ROM and WOW...I see a noticeable improvement on touch screen responsiveness over the other ROM.

Great job, Brian!!!!!
              Randy
              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

Working...
              X