Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we need hiberfil.sys at win8.1wB?

Hi,

I found the hiberfil.sys (~1.6GB) but I din't found any setup for Hybernate (at the MINIX Z64W) like e.g. at http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enabl...and-windows-8/
    So, only to be sure, I setup at
    Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options => [Choose what the power buttons do] -> Shut down (instead of Sleep)
    and done at [Command Prompt (Admin)] (via right mouse button at the start-symbol)
    powercfg.exe -h off
    which deletes the hiberfil.sys and releases the ~1.6GB....
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

hiberfil.sys .Responsible for the resting state of the PC. Should be fine, that will free up some space
    A little lite reading for those interested

http://goo.gl/P2qL7b

Cheers
    Last edited by trebor; 04-04-2015, 23:04. Reason: Update
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

It's a question, if we need it, but seems so we doesn't need it... stable at the moment and boot time seems to be the same...

EDIT
      But I also setup sleep = NEVER (but primarily because the default 10 minutes conflicts with other prozesses (e.g. wipe disk by CCleaner)
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I got the hiberfil.sys at 2gb for my CX-W8. I disable sleep and enable hibernate as I go pull the system out of it when ever any power loss I still got all my stuff up and running.

Comment

I tried to find out if set
          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\CsEnabled
          from 1 to 0 helps to get the 'Hibernate' (Hibernation) at [Power Options -> Choose what the power button do] ... but no way, no, on the contrary I loose the sleep

But I get more profiles at [Choose or customize a power plan] and there I have more entries at [Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings] ...

EDIT:
          OK, I have to do
          powercfg.exe -h on
          before I change the
          KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\CsEnabled
          then I get the 'Hibernate'
          at [Power Options -> Choose what the power button do]
          and 'Turn on fast startup (recommended)' ... (what ever it means... maybe fastboot?)
          BUT 'Sleep' is also/still away
          Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 04-05-2015, 09:25.
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

When you have Hibernation, and subsequently FastStartup enabled (which is the default setting), your Hiberfil.sys file will be approximately 3/4th of your RAM. Disabled Hibernation, you will find its size roughly equalling your RAM.
            May help
            Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Yes, I also had read about the "3/4th of your RAM" because of FastStartup, but if I disable Hibernation via powercfg.exe -h off (which deletes the file) it isn't slower (subjective) at boot...
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

As we are using minimal ram/system and there is not to much going on
                at start-up this could be why there is not much of a noticeable difference.
                I see it that way but could be wrong.
                Cheers
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                X