Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there an ubuntu version for mk808b plus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there an ubuntu version for mk808b plus?

I am using mk808b plus as a downloading server but find it limiting.... is there an ubuntu version for this device?

Here you go

But bootloader needs tweak to work on mk808b+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hyp3r
      Here you go

But bootloader needs tweak to work on mk808b+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Do you know if anyone is working on this? I'm not a developer but to port Ubuntu Odriod C1 to B+ shouldn't be that hard surely as they are technically the same hardware wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Iso-playback

Do you know if anyone is working on this? I'm not a developer but to port Ubuntu Odriod C1 to B+ shouldn't be that hard surely as they are technically the same hardware wise.
        Well, it's harder than it seems because there is no uboot support or at least I can't get it to build so we can configure the bootloader. I have gotten Debian Jessy to run, though currently only through a chroot from ramdisk.

I'm working on getting it stable and I'll drop a release out here.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat

Well, it's harder than it seems because there is no uboot support or at least I can't get it to build so we can configure the bootloader. I have gotten Debian Jessy to run, though currently only through a chroot from ramdisk.

I'm working on getting it stable and I'll drop a release out here.

Fantastic, thanks, look forward to a future release.

Comment

I'm running into a few driver related issues with getting wireless working, and random issues with my keyboard stop working at the login prompt. I'm not sure if I'll be building Ubuntu, Debian or Arch I guess it depends on which I get working first. I spent two days just getting the initramfs to boot so I could finish debootstrap second stage.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
              I'm running into a few driver related issues with getting wireless working, and random issues with my keyboard stop working at the login prompt. I'm not sure if I'll be building Ubuntu, Debian or Arch I guess it depends on which I get working first. I spent two days just getting the initramfs to boot so I could finish debootstrap second stage.
              Could you, plesae, share details of how you managed to boot initramfs? What is the base initramfs you used? I mean, any details would me much appreciated since I'm trying to the pretty much the same myself. I've started with amlogic openlinux latest kernel (and drivers/modules provided by amlogic also), but the ramdisk provided there is not of a much help. Did you use initramfs within the ubuntu image disk provided for Odroid C1 board?

Comment

Working...
              X