MXIII wifi won't turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXIII wifi won't turn on

I have an MXIII with the latest firmware installed. When I got to the settings for wifi and turn the off switch to on, it stays greyed out and doesn't turn blue. If I leave the settings and go back in I can see that it has switched to off again? This happens no matter what screen I power the box off at, it always is back to off when I restart. What should I do?

Originally posted by superskid View Post
    I have an MXIII with the latest firmware installed. When I got to the settings for wifi and turn the off switch to on, it stays greyed out and doesn't turn blue. If I leave the settings and go back in I can see that it has switched to off again? This happens no matter what screen I power the box off at, it always is back to off when I restart. What should I do?
    1) Which MXIII do you have the 1G, or 2G? (The 1G, for example has NO Bluetooth, or 802.11a Modes), its also worth noting that the 2G has its own Wi-Fi Chip (Thus the 802.11a Mode!), from the 1G models So installing a 1G Firmware on a 2G Box might also in theory break the Wi-Fi... IIRC the 2G should have the AP-62xx / 63xx?? Either way its neither the RTL8188, or the AP-6181 that's usesd in the 1G Models.

2) Which Firmware are you running exactly? You say "the latest", but that really could be anything from 111 ~ 114 (k4), assuming that we're on the same page as "what the latest" actually is.

3) In case you missed the Memo, and it seems like you may have... The 1G MXIII Version has no less then Two Hardware revisions. One that uses the RTL8188 Wi-Fi Chip (i.e. The Originally shipped Version from ~ July 2014), and the revised One that came out about a Month latter which has the AP-6181 Wi-Fi Chip inside it. (AFAIK the "current" Version.)

If you try to install an older Beelink firmware Ex: v108k4 from their Site, you'll note that its only the RTL8188 Version that supported. Upshot there is if you install it on an AP-6181 Box, the Wi-Fi won't work. I've heard tale that, this also works in reverse. Though I couldn't say as I only have experience with the AP-6181.

Comment

i have the same problem no wifi

Comment

Same. Same thing. Trying all day how to get this set up for a lady friend that I told to buy. Now wifi is broken. I've usb burned from 108k-115k. & tried even flashing other roms via sd card.....nothing. I have the mxiii 2gb. Please help.

Comment

Same here i need help asap

im running finless rom 2.1

im going to try to flash the image again tommrrow

Comment

If people still have wifi issues....try the Rom link below. Its from a trusted developer (mediaman) on these 2gb MXIII boxes. Please report back

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Hey tommyguns818 thanks for this but it is the one the supplier has on the box .. these fakes are hopeless with there new WiFi chip

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok. That sucks. There's no hope I guess for now. I want to buy some more mxiii but the ones that actually have working wifi. How should we know which have working wifi on say amazon?

Comment

Honestly I'd stay away from the mxiii I have had over 600 and they are now fakes go for the t8 or t8 plus I have moved away from the mxiii it's hard to find a supplier I found mine from alibaba and sticking with her for the real t8s t8 plus

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet. So sorry for all those fake box's. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X