vsmart q8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vsmart q8

Hi i have a vsmart Q8 which the WIFI was not working on, i tried resetting via the factory reset option but this did not bring it back. So i decided i would try to flash the firmware again so i installed android tools v2.3 etc and android drivers via the driver installer and all went ok. My device was then recognised when i powered on and used the reset button as ROCK usb in device manager and one boot loader was found in android tools. Unfortunately when i tried to flash it did most of the stuff and then it went into waiting for bootloader but this did not happen and it failed. My problem is i have now been unable to get the thing out mask mode stuck in red led only and windows 8.1 does not recognise it. Anyone experienced this and know how to get out of it? Should i maybe install windows 7 as i suspect its driver related.

Edit - I was able to get it into mask mode by shorting the nand pins as described in a guide earlier. I used th rom from geekbuying and it flashed successful but red light remains and now android tools see's it as Loader device. Whenever i try to reflash it just stays on test device 100% but goes no further. Can any one help me please i am at my wits end with it
    Last edited by desmondo; 04-11-2015, 14:50.

Look at the ENY area. I think the device is a ENY Clone too, when I remember correct.
    Just read the pcb Modell number.

Back 2 topic:
    In this area is a thread about a serial connection, hosted on bitbucked. This could help you to find out if this a permanent error.
    But before I would write the shop and ask them about Refund or change of the device.
    Just say you Start ist and this error happens.

Greetings by DHD
    I own a ENY-BOX Clone:
    Chipset: RK3288 & AP6330
    PCB board: ENY-Q8P-V10

Label: OTT TV BOX RK3288 Quad Core Model: EKB328
    More Info and photos of pcb here.
    Bootloader seems t.b. locked.
    But Android 5 (wasser rc4) runs on it

Comment

If your board is XT-Q8L-v10 just use windows 7, and flash RKM 902II firmware which is compatible (except remote), and flash it via RKBatchTool 1.7 with restore option.

Comment

Did anyone try the RKM 902II firmware already on the Vsmart Q8? I just received mine, but when I play a 12gb bluray (+- 120 min) with Kodi some frames are dropped now and then, On my Gigabyte Brix i3 it plays very smooth. I found this Russian topic about this RKM 902II firmware on the Q8.

27.12.2014 rk902-II
        Fix list:
        1 - Update the blue ray library,audio track can be switched.
        2 - Support BD ISO 3D playback.
        3 - Fixed Keyboard/Mouse lag issue.
        4 - Fix some Incompatible problems of some apps in Google play store.
        5- Update ffmpeg video libary,fixed some blurred screen issue.
        6- Optimize USB camera
        7- Update root code.
        8- Default HDMI CEC turn on.
        9 - Passthrough spmc and kodi fixed.
        10 - Iperf wifi program installed stock.
        11 - Improved wifi perferance.
        12 - Improved performance for Video
        13.- Support ext4 format u disk and exfat sd card
        14.- Fix some 4k -h.265 problems.
        15.- Better browser support.

Comment

I tried to update the Firmware using the method above. In my case it did not work at all. I used Androidtool 2.3 to update the ROM, This went wrong and almost bricked the device. Only way to restore it was to get the device into MASK ROM mode. All I had to do was to take a small needle and connect pin 7+8. (Used my phone camera with light as a magnifier) Make sure the connection is well and it surely will boot into the MASK ROM mode.
          After trying a lot of ROMS and resetting the device over and over again I found one working ROM named update_Q8_nand_2G_root_zhongxing_20150424.zip.
          I got the next errors:

"Test Device Start" and "Wait For Maskrom Start"
          Fixed by switching to another ROM (902II_20141227.img) and then it worked. Again tried to flash to the Zhongxing ROM above. Also try to use the EraseFlash in AndroidTool button and reflash. It took me some hours but finally it worked. You should see a log like this:

In short I took the next steps to fully recover my ROM after it was almost bricked:
          1. Install the drivers for Rockchip: RK_DriverAssitant.zip
          2. Execute AndroidTool v2.3
          3. Power On the device while holding PIN 7+8
          3. In AndroidTool the device should be recognized, but also in Windows Device Management you should see the device become active (here inactive, but icon will ungrey):

4. Use the Firmware button to load the firmware in AndroidTool
          5. Play with the Erase Button and Upgrade Button.

Please let me know if some method worked well for you or some firmware plays large movies well. With my Q8 still 10gb+ movies do not play perfect when I set android to 1920x1080@50Hz
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Florisw View Post
            Did anyone try the RKM 902II firmware already on the Vsmart Q8? I just received mine, but when I play a 12gb bluray (+- 120 min) with Kodi some frames are dropped now and then, On my Gigabyte Brix i3 it plays very smooth. I found this Russian topic about this RKM 902II firmware on the Q8.

27.12.2014 rk902-II
            Fix list:
            1 - Update the blue ray library,audio track can be switched.
            2 - Support BD ISO 3D playback.
            3 - Fixed Keyboard/Mouse lag issue.
            4 - Fix some Incompatible problems of some apps in Google play store.
            5- Update ffmpeg video libary,fixed some blurred screen issue.
            6- Optimize USB camera
            7- Update root code.
            8- Default HDMI CEC turn on.
            9 - Passthrough spmc and kodi fixed.
            10 - Iperf wifi program installed stock.
            11 - Improved wifi perferance.
            12 - Improved performance for Video
            13.- Support ext4 format u disk and exfat sd card
            14.- Fix some 4k -h.265 problems.
            15.- Better browser support.
            I found two offical firmwares for you guys to try and feedback is needed.

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Comment

I found two offical firmwares for you guys to try and feedback is needed.

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bn54wvP
              Thanks for the download links, where did you find this? And which file should I try?
              I will test this tonight and post my update here.
              Do you already own this device? For me it looks like this box has some serious problems. The network and USB speed is low, video playback is crappy with heavy scenes (lot of movement)...

Comment

The image in zip update_Q8L_2015_05_20 stops at "Hangs at loader start". After that I get the message "wait for loader fail".
                The image in zip update_Q8_nand_20150401 updates without problems. Now testing the results. Any idea of what is fixed?

Comment

Hi, guys!
                  If you have "Q8L 2g/8g 2015-03-10 ww236 st" you can try this Ricomagic firmware http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...magic-firmware

NOTE: WW236 ST is the newest hardware which not compatible with previous. Original Ricomagic will cause error "Wait for loader fail"

Florisw please check you hardware sticker, seems you have ww236.

Comment

It's the WW236 ST :-)
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Hi Florisw,

I own "WW236 ST" type too.
                      How are you doing with your "testing"?

Any issues with surround sounds?

Thanks!

Comment

Still running the update_Q8_nand_20150401 ROM without problems. I will stick to that one I guess..
                        I don't use surround sound at all, so cannot answer that question. Good luck with yours!

Comment

Working...
                        X