Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hulu plus on mk809ii

Hi all,

any one know how I can get Hulu plus working in a mk809ii?

when I Download the app, it says its an unapproved device.

thankyou in advance

Originally posted by waz83 View Post
    Hi all,

any one know how I can get Hulu plus working in a mk809ii?

when I Download the app, it says its an unapproved device.

thankyou in advance
    There is a hacked Hulu plus app floating around the net that has the hardware check disabled and is locked into landscape mode (the official app uses portrait for menus and landscape for playback). I found it through a Google search. The only problem is that it's an older version of the app so it's missing some features and it doesn't resize the video when you hide the menu bar. Other than that it does work! I'm currently looking for a better solution. Either a newer version of the hacked app or possibly spoofing a different device in the build.prop file to allow the market version to work. Until a better option is found, the hacked app is better than nothing. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links but you should be able to find it easily through a search. Just be sure to get the Landscape Mod version.
    Tony

Comment

Hi Tony,

I found that one & your right it's not 100% like the Netflix ap.

If you do hack the new one, let me know please

Thanks

Originally posted by tonyz2897 View Post
      There is a hacked Hulu plus app floating around the net that has the hardware check disabled and is locked into landscape mode (the official app uses portrait for menus and landscape for playback). I found it through a Google search. The only problem is that it's an older version of the app so it's missing some features and it doesn't resize the video when you hide the menu bar. Other than that it does work! I'm currently looking for a better solution. Either a newer version of the hacked app or possibly spoofing a different device in the build.prop file to allow the market version to work. Until a better option is found, the hacked app is better than nothing. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links but you should be able to find it easily through a search. Just be sure to get the Landscape Mod version.
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by waz83 View Post
        Hi Tony,

I found that one & your right it's not 100% like the Netflix ap.

If you do hack the new one, let me know please

Thanks
        I'm a long way away from being able to hack an app. I'm not even sure what software I'd need to decompile it and whether or not I'd even understand what I'm looking at if I could. That would be up to somebody with much more experience than me. The only thing I could do is maybe edit the build.prop file for the device to spoof a different device. For example to make an rk3066 mini pc look like a Galaxy Note 2. I know that works with the market but I'm not sure if apps check the build.prop to determine approved hardware or if they use some other method.

I would however be willing to paypal a dev some coffee money if they would tackle the app itself. Preferrably a recent version (2.7.x).

Another nice option would be a flash player apk that supports hardware acceleration over our gpu that's been version hacked to show up as windows. This would allow full hulu (regular or plus) through the browser. That also has the benefit of getting you around the "web only" restriction in the app. Unfortunately with the apk I found that works playback is so choppy as to be unwatchable. I'm guessing do to lack of hardware acceleration support but I'm not sure.
        Hopefully somebody will solve this soon and if I run across any new solutions either for the app or watching in the browser, I'll post back.
        Tony

Edit: I revisited trying to play in the browser with the version hacked flash apk and it worked much better than the first time I tried it. Was able to get smooth playback even with hulu on the HD setting (with some slight audio sync issues). Good alternative for someone who wants to watch web only content or would like to view in HD or with closed caption. On the downside, it still doesn't go completely into full screen and there are some artifacts displayed for a second or two when returning to the video from a commercial but overall I'd say it's watchable. If you want to try it, just locate a "hulufied" flash apk that doesn't crash your browser (I tried a couple before finding an older version that worked), and set the browser's UA to desktop in advanced settings and you should be good to go. Also I'd recommend making a copy of your original flash apk before you uninstall it so that you can go back to it if you ever need to.
        Last edited by tonyz2897; 04-26-2013, 07:08. Reason: tried using the browser again

Comment

waz83,
          I switched over to a finless rom and something that's been done (build.prop edit most likely) has fixed compatability with the market version of H+. It's still windowboxed instead of full screen but not nearly as bad as the old hacked app. I'd recommend giving it a try if you don't mind flashing a custom rom. Some of the additions and changes in the rom itself are really nice too.
          Tony

Comment

Working...
          X