Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BRICKED?? Cube Talk 9x U65gt

Hello all,

I think I may have a bricked Cube Talk 9x U65gt. I have uploaded a video of the tablet linked below. It gets stuck in a bootloop and very rarely ever reaches the Android desktop. I have successfully reloaded the 1.8 and 1.9 firmwares but this has not fixed the bootloop issue. Unit is Serial# 1421 series. Watch the video below and let me know if you think it can be saved.

Thanks!
    Nicholas

Try to flash the stock 1.6 ROM.

Comment

Unfortunately looks a bit like a hardware fault to me :-(

Comment

When you did flash new firmware with SP Flash Tool, did you also flashed bootloader, kernel, boot, and recovery images again? If there was some problems with battery in the past then there might be some issues with software. Fresh and clean flashing might help. Or then it is hardware problem. On the other hand I had a trojan virus on my Allwinner A33 Android KitKat tablet and it kinda behaved similar ways. After clening trojan problems was solved. However I haven't heard trojans on MediaTek devices.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. When I flashed the firmwares previous times, I used the flash tool with scatter files and flashed all avail images (bootloader, kernel, boot, recovery, system, etc). I only did a Download and not Format + Download. Just now I tried the 1.0 firmware with format + download, and after a couple of reboots I was able to get to the home screen for 5 seconds, I saw the battery was at 38%, then it crashed again and sent itself back into bootloop. I don't have a copy of 1.6, and it seems all the links are broken, so unless someone has a ROM package they can host and send to me, looks like I may be SOL flashing that version. Currently the tablet is still stuck in bootloop. I would not be surprised if this was a hardware issue. I contacted Cube the other day, and because I got it thru AliExpress, they will not honor the warranty. Probably would cost like $50 to send to China anyway. What a bummer

Comment

It seems a RAM failure to me...
            if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
            https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Ack. Well it makes a nice cheese tray I suppose :\

Comment

Originally posted by dotsync View Post
                Ack. Well it makes a nice cheese tray I suppose :\
                Hi..when you get to the recovery were the android dude is on his back press the power button and release it and see if that will get you into the recovery and you might be able to do something from there.

Comment

Hello
                  I have a similar problem with my Cube Talk 9x.

You have solved anything?

Comment

I'm having a bootloop issue too, any ideas how to try flashing. If anybody can explain it simply as I've not tried flashing before.

Many thanks.

Choccy...

Comment

Working...
                    X