USB Gigabit Ethernet adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Gigabit Ethernet adapter

OK, I have got cheap (10$) USB Gigabit Ethernet adapter for my Pipo X7. And it is superb.

Stock Pipo X7 ethernet adapter maximum speed is 88 Mbps (11 MB/s) for downloading and uploading. It is not good for me. At first my Internet bandwidth is 200 Mbps. And second when I needed to copy big files (movies) from desktop I had to use USB flash (because it is faster).

But now I am fully satisfied. USB Gigabit Ethernet adapter detected at system as Realtek GBE. It is based on Realtek RTL8153. It is not get warm at work. And it is super fast.

Download speed from my desktop (gigabit LAN) is 328 Mbps (41 MB/s). 4.52 GB file copied in 112 sec.
    Upload speed to my desktop is 320 Mbps (40 MB/s).

Now my Internet bandwidth is fully loaded on Pipo X7 via torrents.

P.S. And, yes, it have fully working Wake-on-LAN support (tested with Pipo X7).
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by Kyrie; 04-13-2015, 21:59.

How did you get wake on lan to work?

Comment

Hm i would buy this for wol only

Comment

Sorry mates, it is my bad and mistake. I have forgot that I disabled Connnected Standby mode (device just did not slept and I thought about worked WOL, that was night). I tested it again today and could not get WOL to work on Pipo X7 (but I test USB adapter with my desktop and WOL worked well). Sorry for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrie View Post
          OK, I have got cheap (10$) USB Gigabit Ethernet adapter for my Pipo X7. And it is superb.

Stock Pipo X7 ethernet adapter maximum speed is 88 Mbps (11 MB/s) for downloading and uploading. It is not good for me. At first my Internet bandwidth is 200 Mbps. And second when I needed to copy big files (movies) from desktop I had to use USB flash (because it is faster).

But now I am fully satisfied. USB Gigabit Ethernet adapter detected at system as Realtek GBE. It is based on Realtek RTL8153. It is not get warm at work. And it is super fast.

Download speed from my desktop (gigabit LAN) is 328 Mbps (41 MB/s). 4.52 GB file copied in 112 sec.
          Upload speed to my desktop is 320 Mbps (40 MB/s).

Now my Internet bandwidth is fully loaded on Pipo X7 via torrents.

P.S. And, yes, it have fully working Wake-on-LAN support (tested with Pipo X7).
          Great! How about posting the exact name and link from the store you bought it so we can buy it too?

Comment

Originally posted by ochentay4 View Post
            Great! How about posting the exact name and link from the store you bought it so we can buy it too?

Comment

BTW, my solution for the lack of WOL support: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ton-with-relay

Comment

Good to know! I just bought one of http://www.amazon.com/SHARKK®-Alumin...dp/B00S5IA568/ these for my X7s and I will report back when I get it.

Comment

Working...
                X