MK809III GXT_D16_LP_V1.7 141020 bricked with wrong loader

Hi, I've got a

MK 809 III
    Board: GXT_D16_LP_V1.7 141020
    CPU: RK3188-T
    HDMI: ITE IT66121FN
    FLASH: SAMSUNG 322 KMJJA000GM-B409L
    COMM: RTL8723BS

It has been flashed with a (wrong?) loader "RK3188Loader(L)_V1.20.bin" using RK Develop Tool v1.37 and fails to get recognized by windows since then.
    Connecting it via USB (without pressing the button) does nothing on windows and shows no signal on HDMI
    Connecting it via USB while pressing the reset-button makes windows detecting a device but it fails to recognize it, I get a message that the device connected doesn't work properly and I should reconnect it. Windows does not let me select a driver manually - I guess it even fails to read correct vid/pid (USB\VID_0000&PID_0002)
    I've read something about mask mode and hope that can help me - however, the devices layout is different from all pictures I've seen do far.

Any ideas? Thx for ur help

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by mknate; 04-26-2015, 21:11.

What OS you use?

Try using this: http://multiupload.biz/5kvvlt78rual/...16g2g.img.html

My PCB is the same of yours

You don't have wifi antenna too? :/

Comment

I'm using Windows. I can't flash an img-file anymore. Windows/ROM Flasher doesn't recognize the device... And nope, no Antenna.

Comment

Try split the img on files...

Comment

Once again, without an application for flashing files, I can't flash files, regardless what files...

Comment

Originally posted by mknate View Post
            mask mode
            Read my post on Russian site. Testpoint - red lines on 3-rd foto
            http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=38097894
            Application for flashing

Comment

Thank you very much I still didn't get the firmware to work properly, but at least it's now again beeing recognized in Loader Mode.

I did flash "RK3188Loader(L)_V2.13.bin" to bring it back to life.

Just for the record:
              How to enter Mask-Rom Mode on MK809III GXT_D16_LP_V1.7 141020 when not recognized as proper USB device:

Short these two pins marked in the picture below while connecting USB (release after few sec). Device should then be recognized as "rockusb device"

Edit: took me three attempts and 10h to download the image without corruption, but now I finally got it and it works fine!
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
              Last edited by mknate; 05-13-2015, 22:57.

Comment

Hi, mknate,

I have the exact same board as yours, the same GXT_D16_LP_V1.7 141020, (the only difference is on the case, as it is marked as 809IV instead of 809III). My device stays in a bootloop. Connected to PC with the reset button pressed, it is recognized as rockusb device. Without reset button pressed, the PC doesn't react.
                Please post a link with the tool to flash firmware, maybe some instructions/steps, and the link with the firmware that worked for you (I did not succeed with Google translate to get valid links from Russian forum above).

Thank you,

LE I've found GXT809III-8723BS-2G from Diman3452 and rkbatchtool 1.37. This firmware is the only one that brought image on the TV (four pulsating colored bubbles) but the device still reboots continuously. Does anyone have an older firmware for this board (maybe 720p only, or a previous android version), or maybe I'm doing something wrong?
                Last edited by nick61; 05-20-2015, 20:39.

Comment

Hello. I have this same device, it's brand new and untouched. I'd like to do a backup of it, however i'm not sure the way to do it thru androidtool. It doesn't seem to work, it says FOUND ONE ADB DEVICE at the bottom but i'm not able to do much. After messing with the switch (i don't even know the sequence) i got it to say FOUND ONE LOADER DEVICE...

Is it me or is it a PITA to get to backup and flash these devices ?

I've got the device detected in the device manager, but the rockchip usb driver doesn't want to install in any way, version 3.5. Is that normal ? I get a hash error when trying to force installing the inf, after editing it with my VID and PID. I'm running windows 8.1 x64. thanks for any input on this !!

There's a lot of info here, but it's in russian,

Comment

Working...
                  X