HDMI audio not working correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI audio not working correctly

I have had nothing but trouble with my Pipo. I want to like it but I just can’t get it to work properly. The latest thing is a problem with the HDMI audio. It is very weak and only present on one channel. Other sources work properly so problem is not with the TV. Audio output through the earphones seems normal, both channels in stereo, equally strong.

I have checked all my drivers and Windows insists they are up to date, though I’m sure how much I trust this. Is there any point in trying to upgrade directly from Intel? Any help would be much appreciated.

I don't think it's a problem with the driver because it's the first time I read about this problem... (if already checked with another HDMI cable and at another TV, then maybe a bad soldering at the device at the HDMI port???)
    Because of driver update I use http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect
    because with this tool I get a newer GPU driver than I use this one https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...7-8-8-1-32-bit

RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

The right link to get the latest display driver updates is this:

Also for sound, you need the normal audio driver from Finless pack

And of course go to taskbar, right click in audio icon->Playback devices->Select the source you want->Configure and select 5.1.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I had already run the Intel update and downloaded the latest driver though that did not seem to make any difference. I have downloaded the Finless pack but not yet installed anything. I am juggling some things at the moment and will get to it when I have time. Unfortunately, I do think this is a hardware fault. Very discouraging since this is a new computer and I bought it from a Chinese supplier, who seems to speak a very unique kind of English, making any communication almost impossible.

Comment

Working...
        X