Power light stopped working......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power light stopped working......

The box is still working but the power light is not. I'm using a Logitech K400r keyboard and have been using the power button above the f5 key to put the box in sleep mode. (works ok but red light was staying on the X7) I installed KODI a few days ago (new to KODI) and just tried using it's sleep mode. This made the X7 light go out. I tried all of the buttons on the K400 but none of them woke up the box. I did a hard start on the box and it powered up (held button down for 10 sec. & then pressed it for 2 sec. for power up) Windows started ok but no power light on the box. I then use the power light on the keyboard to put the box in sleep mode. Worked ok...... Woke up ok too..... Now to make things even more confusing, I noticed the power light comes on for a second or two once in awhile.... Since their don't seem to be any manuals or even basic instructions for this thing, I'm wondering just what is 'normal' for the X7. Unplugging it did not change anything. Is the pin hole next to the power button a re-set? Should I try that or just leave it alone? I'd really like for the power light to work in some sort of predictable fashion.

Originally posted by asjohnston3 View Post
    The box is still working but the power light is not. I'm using a Logitech K400r keyboard and have been using the power button above the f5 key to put the box in sleep mode. (works ok but red light was staying on the X7) I installed KODI a few days ago (new to KODI) and just tried using it's sleep mode. This made the X7 light go out. I tried all of the buttons on the K400 but none of them woke up the box. I did a hard start on the box and it powered up (held button down for 10 sec. & then pressed it for 2 sec. for power up) Windows started ok but no power light on the box. I then use the power light on the keyboard to put the box in sleep mode. Worked ok...... Woke up ok too..... Now to make things even more confusing, I noticed the power light comes on for a second or two once in awhile.... Since their don't seem to be any manuals or even basic instructions for this thing, I'm wondering just what is 'normal' for the X7. Unplugging it did not change anything. Is the pin hole next to the power button a re-set? Should I try that or just leave it alone? I'd really like for the power light to work in some sort of predictable fashion.
    Mine does the same thing. Anymore my light is normally off, but it will turn on all of the sudden out of nowhere and stay on for awhile then go off again . I'm not going to worry about it.

Comment

Ditto, had Chinese tablets before that were quirky.... Probably a push to market Q.A. thing. As long as it's working I'm good.....

Comment

Working...
      X