Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Apple) Keyboards and MK808B Plus

Hello

This is my first post here. Just received an MK808B Plus yesterday, and I've been fiddling with it.

Straight off the bat, I couldn't get my Apple USB keyboard to work on the stock firmware (109k4). The mouse attached to it worked fine, and I downloaded USB Host Controller app, which displayed both an "Apple Hub" and an "Apple Keyboard" being connected in addition to the mouse. Just no response on any keypress, and I cannot get a light in the Caps Lock key either.

I tried enabling the "Hardware" option in Keyboard & Input Methods in the settings, but that just makes the on-screen keyboard disappear.

I also tried connecting an Apple bluetooth keyboard, which I was able to do including the obligatory tapping of a six-digit pairing code on the keyboard. But again, typing on it doesn't actually result in letters appearing on Android. The same keyboard works with my Galaxy Note 3.

I now installed the Finless v1.1 firmware, and it didn't bring with it any change (didn't really expect it either, as it's basically the same firmware as stock).

Any ideas? The fact that typing the pairing code on the bluetooth keyboard worked makes me think that maybe it's just some silly setting somewhere, but then again maybe not.

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel

Having tried to find a solution to this issue, due to also having an Apple bluetooth keyboard, I can tell you, it's an OS problem rather than this particular stick's problem.
    Plus after many attempts inc editing config files and trawling the net etc, then still could find no solution.
    Eventually GAVE UP

Team UX
    http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

Yeah, me too. I installed the Wetek Play Lollipop ROM (from this site), and all Bluetooth devices, including my Apple keyboard, work perfectly here. It's also a much nicer firmware

Comment

Working...
      X