Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lubuntu14.04 available on Orion R28

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

I installed it earlier today, installed easy. having never used Linux, this is a challenge. I can't figure out how install kodi, or VLC.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks for the info. I wonder if they will do an SD boot version. I'd like to see how it compares to Ugoos' UT3(S) Linux version.
      It's good to see Tronsmart furthering development on the R28/RK3288.

Comment

I installed this Lubuntu on my Beelink R89 yesterday and everything seems to be working, hardware wise. I can't get Kodi to install, for what I have been reading, there is no version that will work with Lubuntu running on a Rockchip CPU. Has anyone been able to get it to install?
        thanks
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by mo123

Kodi won't work since you need 3D GPU drivers.
          ARM hasn't released any X11 GPU drivers yet and is not sure how to get the driver working in Linux even if they are the ones making the GPU. They promised a driver in Feb 2015 but said again in April they'll still try. So maybe at the end of 2015 we might see something.
          They say it's Rockchip that should release a working driver, but how can they if the GPU chipset manufacturer can't even get it working.

Luckily user MAC_L1 on freaktab got 1080p video acceleration working in Lubuntu but havn't shared his steps yet.
          Thanks for this information. Without Kodi, I am not sure what program allows me to play my videos stored on my NAS. I was able to get VLC player installed, but do not know how to configure it to search my NAS. Linux is all new to me and a very big learning cure. Any instructions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Comment

Without hardware acceleration it would seem rather pointless for most peoples uses.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I think mplayer (like at the UGOOS version) is able to play 1080P... but mplayer isn't able to play smaller resolution video content at full screen...
              Because of NAS mount, you have to mount the NAS to a folder at the system and access the folder at the player (e.g. mplayer) like every other local folder...
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                Because of NAS mount, you have to mount the NAS to a folder at the system and access the folder at the player (e.g. mplayer) like every other local folder...[/FONT]
                I will have to learn how to mount my external NAS, have no idea where to start.

Comment

First you have to know if you have CIFS or NFS shares at your NAS...
                  If CIFS, this could be a starting point https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MountWindowsSharesPermanently or http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/...-ubuntu-14-04/ or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBPxgVxOvTQ ...
                  Basically NFS is nearly the same but you have to use another mount command

RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                    First you have to know if you have CIFS or NFS shares at your NAS...
                    If CIFS, this could be a starting point https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MountWindowsSharesPermanently or http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/...-ubuntu-14-04/ or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBPxgVxOvTQ ...
                    Basically NFS is nearly the same but you have to use another mount command
                    Thanks for that information. I use NFS on my NAS, I tried mounting it today, but still have to figure the local part out.

Comment

Working...
                    X