WiFi Tethering on Nextbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi Tethering on Nextbook

For those looking to use wifi to tether to you phone to your NextBook,here you go. What's more it does not involve rocket science or mucking about with the WPA-supplicant. Also according to the app makers your phone and tablet do no need to be rooted for this to work.

On your tablet, go to the market and download "PDANet" for tablets and install.

On your phone, go to the market and download "Foxfi" and install.

Open both programs, follow instructions and your good to go. I shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

LIMITATIONS:
    Foxfi only works with Android and Blackberry phones, no windows mobile.

Foxfi's website says it does not work with HTC android phones, but it appears it may work if your phone is rooted.

Happy tethering

this did not work for me since i have a phone that gives ad hoc signal. i have posted a way to make the tablet see the ad hoc network in the main forum.

Comment

Originally posted by fireproof34 View Post
      this did not work for me since i have a phone that gives ad hoc signal. i have posted a way to make the tablet see the ad hoc network in the main forum.
      Yah just read that, good work. What can I say I was famous for a day lol.

Comment

Originally posted by fireproof34 View Post
        Hello!

So, do you have to play with wpa_supplicant.conf to do ad-hoc on the Next7s, too? I had to do that with my Velocity Cruz. Worked quite well, after I figured it out, and didn't have to change it back & forth to use infrastructure WIFi, for some strange reason...

I use WMWifiRouter, so I, too, need ad-hoc to tether w/my Windows Mobile phone.

73 DE N4RPS
        Rob
        Last edited by N4RPS; 05-16-2012, 01:56.

Comment

My 1.5 ROM for the nextbook has the replaced wifi_sup that will allow you to do this.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...