Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIG NEWS REGARDING WIDEVINE DRM (Google Play Movies!) Possibly NetflixHD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG NEWS REGARDING WIDEVINE DRM (Google Play Movies!) Possibly NetflixHD!

I done some sniffing 'round on the 109k4 Stock ROM, for the MXIII (1G -AP-6181), as it does NOT have in internal Bluetooth Module.
    ... I still have yet to figure that One out...

What I have discovered though is that the stock MXIII does indeed seem to have the major DRM'gt embedded inside it in order to at least get Google Play Movies to work with Video, as well as just the normal sound.
    The trick is in actually enabling the Widevine DRM in the build.prop (/system).

For whatever half-arsed reason Oman never enabled this on his Stock ROMs... Again its worth asking all these "Mod'ers", why they never had either?
    As this very simple "fix" could be just the thing that most of need / or want!

So to recap use Putty (or a Linux / Mac Terminal), to log into your "Device" which should a) be rooted!, and b) running Rooted SSH / SFTP Damon (From the Play Store).
    # mount -o remount,rw /system -- to set Read & Write permission(s) to the /system Partition

Use WinSCP (or whatever the Linux / Mac equivalent might be!), to point to /system, and open the build.prop with your Editor of choice... I recommend Notepad++!
    Save your edited build.prop.... Then reboot... Then enjoy!!

Now as if this will help with Netflix HD?!
    I wouldn't know, as I'm not currently a Customer of theirs! Google Play Movies... (Of which I managed to snag a few "Freebies", last Christmas, The Fast, and the Furious, Clash of the Titans, Shaun the Sheep, and Walt Disney's: Blank a Vinylmation Story... Are all WORKING NOW!

no it wont minix been doing this for while all this will do is get you 1750 where is oman would get you 1350 before
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

1750 1350?! I'm not following... All I know is that Before I flipped the switch from - false to true. Google Play Moves Finally lit up. Otherwise all I had before hand was just the Audio, with a Black Screen. Assuming that Netflix doesn't use Wavevine... Then perhaps playing a bit more with the build.prop might help? In any case I'm just happy to watch my stuff now...

Comment

netflix HD
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Oh thx... Like I said I'm not currently a customer of their's. Its just enough for me to have Play Movies working now!

Comment

Working...
          X