Tronfy MXIV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronfy MXIV

does anyone have or know of firmwares that work with this box tronfy MXIV i tried the beelink s82 plus and its not a k200 board its an n200 board.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'd guess it was an MXIII Plus, which also has the same Specs....
    The k200 = S802... If I haven't missed my guess, the n200 would be a S812 Part. Again bringing it in line with the MXIII Plus.

But, the fact that they're calling this the MX-IV (Four), somehow bothers me...

More to the point, if I was in the market for an S812 Part, and I'am! I'd have to go with the Minix Neo x8-H Plus which has far better specs, and can be had for a few Dollars more. Not to mention, that Minix actually support their stuff... More or less. I don't tink i've even heard of those Guys. So good luck finding updates!

Comment

well from what i can tell the MX3 plus seems to be inline with the beelink s82plus and the firmware for the beelink doesnt work on this box (stating that this box is a n200 board and not a k200).

now for the box itself it seems to be really stable and the new kodi 15 beta is working flawless so far on it with streams from a lot of the addons HD SD etc. i really just wanted options for it. i will keep looking around to find a variant of it (it might be a vatiant of the minix plus you mentioned with a little less specs to it.

i did get it from amazon and they give a no ask return policy so i might dive in and try the minix x8-h plus FW. unless i get more people to chim in and tell me whats the best FW for it.

Comment

Again why the surprise? k200 = Amlogic S802 SoC, the n200 = Amlogic S812 SoC.
        They can NOT be interchanged the MXIII Plus / S82 Plus, and this MXIV are all S812 SoC's.

I sure hope you have a clue... It doesn't seem so to me, as the MINIX Again is something different, and installing such Firmware on a non compatible device could either break something e.g. WiFi, or potentially brick the device.

FYI K200 are MXIII, 1G/2G, M8, and S82 / S89.
        N200 are the S28 plus, MXIII Plus and that MXIV. And you should NOT confuse it for a normal MXIII. 'Cause its NOT an MXIII (i.e. An S802 SoC).

*Edit*
        Besides this Device is still relatively new, its not like your gonna have a lot of choice here.

Another TIP (as such), try installing Rooted SSH/SFTP Daemon + Putty (Windows ONLY!).

Then check out your build.prop (/system/build.prop), and find the line:
        media.am player.widevineenable=... if this is set to false as it likely is...
        Set it back to true to enable the Widevine DRM which is needed for Google Play Movies...

Comment

the firmware i used was for a beelink s82Plus. i was given that message after i tried to flash it (i didnt use a mxIII FW). i know the diffrence in the s802 and the s812. i will hold off for some FW that will work when someone comes by this tread and lets me know or i find it somewhere on the net as i been trying to do lol. thanks for your help though ichijoe i dont know were i didnt comunicate that the FW i used was the s82plus FW.

Comment

Odd the S82Plus is a K200?! I might have to want to look into that. 'Cause I was under the impression it was an n200 with the new Launcher, and eShare Stuff..
            It might also be worth pointing out that there IS NO S82 Plus (n200), Firmware on the Bee-Link Webpage. There is however S82 (k200), Firmware.

Perhaps you might be good enough to drop the link where you found this Firmware?

Comment

here is the thread for the updated firmware for the s82plus i got. i used the FW on post 46

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...s-from-beelink
              Last edited by cruz1383; 05-09-2015, 21:56.

Comment

Not that it helps you out much... But, thank you for pointing out that this was a k200 ROM.... IT WORKS just fine under my MXIII (M82) 1G - AP6181!
                Well that is to say as, any 114k4 can work This has all the same glitches in the AnTuTu Video Test, as every other version of 111k4 on...
                Only this 114k4, just happens to be the first SDCard Update that I've ever seen... Up till now they've all been in the USB Burning Tool *.img Format.

So I fail to see how this is an S812 ROM, though I'll begrudge the fact that it does list the 812 as the Model, but a quick edit to the build.prop fixes that.
                Along with the Widevine DRM being flaged as "False" when it needs to be set to "true".

However this is not enough to stop it from being yet another 114k4, with all the same 114k4 Bugs, that every version of 111k4 had since ever in the amcodec department.
                Its not enough to have huge chunks of Clips falling in AnTuTu Video Test 3.0.. Oh no... But, the crappy playback of my DVB>IPTV (Live TV), HD Streams choking the Device to death is a bit much for me to handle. So its back off to 109k4 again....

Shame that I can't take the new Launcher with me... Its only slightly less of an eyesore then the multicoloued Metro One....

Comment

something tells me that thats not the right firmware cause mine is the 202k4 you would think the next firmware is 203k4 or something but who knows.

Comment

Yeah I would... Then again Amlogic / Beelink have been on MAJOR AiO (All in One), kick, since Firmware 111k4. Which could explain why the Video on the 1G Boxes have been taking such a hit these last few turns. As odd as it is, the fingerprint is for the S812 (S82 Plus). What's even more odd, is the fact that this "Update" is nowhere to be seen on their Website.

Comment

im just going to wait a little i contacted Tronfy and asked them for the stock FW as soon as i get that i will try the other FW out there to see if the s82plus FW really works. (and not that 114k4 rom that doesnt seem to be a legit rom for it )

this thread has the 114k4 as a mxIII and a s82 rom and not a MXIII plus rom or s82plus rom.

Last edited by cruz1383; 05-11-2015, 03:41. Reason: added thread for 114k4

Comment

Originally posted by cruz1383 View Post
                        im just going to wait a little i contacted Tronfy and asked them for the stock FW as soon as i get that i will try the other FW out there to see if the s82plus FW really works. (and not that 114k4 rom that doesnt seem to be a legit rom for it )

this thread has the 114k4 as a mxIII and a s82 rom and not a MXIII plus rom or s82plus rom.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...xiii-1g-2g-ddr

Well like I said I don't know if its Amlogics updated SDKs, or if the folks at Bee Link (cough Mr. Oman), is just being lazy, but ever since Firmware 111k4, These "Firmwares" have all been of the All-in-One variety.
                        There was a time, and not so long ago where flashing a 2G ROM on a 1G Device would have bricked it! Which is no longer a such big deal post 111k4 since its an AiO Firmware. And though the S812 has a bit more in its trick bag, I'm lead to believe its backwards compat with the S802. But, unless you have access to TWRP / CWM recoveries, and have already made a Nandroid backup. SOMETHING YOU SHOULD REALLY DO BTW!!

I probably also wouldn't have tried this out, even on a hunch that it was k200 ROM.
                        But, with my Live TV (Kodi), as badly broken as it is under 111k4 ~114k4 these newer Firmwares just can't cut it for me.

Comment

nice information
                          thanks all

Comment

i looked at the TWRP recovery and didnt find anything that stated it would work with the s812 boxes any help would be greatly apreciated. the box right now runs kodi 15 beta like my intel nuc really well but i only stream and dont run 4k or anything of that nature also i dont use nas or have hdd on my lan to play movies off of lol

as i look at this more the Tronfy MXIV has the same specs as the Minix NEO X8-H plus they both have the same AP6335 wifi and bluetooth chip and the same s812 chipset as well as the same ram ddr3 (2gb) and the same 16gb rom space. if i get the stock rom from the tronfy company i will attempt to flash it soon.

only diffrence i can see is that the minix has the wifi antenna and the tronfy does not have it. also the diffrent cover.
                            Last edited by cruz1383; 05-12-2015, 02:00.

Comment

Yes to answer your question you should probably try the NEO X8-H Version of TWRP...

PROTIP: Place the File (Or Files), you eventually want to "test" on a MicroSD Card, and then rename that "TWRP_2.8.5.0_X8_X8PLUS_X8H_003.img" File to... recovery.img, or else it wont work.
                              Since the "recovery.img" is then on the MicroSD, and not your "Device", it can't bork your "Device" if it goes wrong.

NOTE: You WILL also need to dig up a USB Mouse as well, since Abdul's TWRP's do NOT support any Remote Device, otherwise if you've ever used TWRP on a Phablet before, its the exact same method.
                              Click "Backup", and set the location (Usually the MicroSD), and swipe to begin. If it doesn't crap over itself by this time. You might risk wiping the /data & /cache partitions, and then try running that Backup you just made. Assuming that has gone well... I'd then flash the new recovery.img on to the Device permanently.

Comment

Working...
                              X