Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HDMI signal dropouts on my new Panasonic TV??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI signal dropouts on my new Panasonic TV??

HI Guys

Last weekend I got my brand new Panasonic tx-50cxc725 UHD TV and connected my 89-h vega box to it through a high speed HDMI cable.

My 89-h is updated to last Tronsmart rom and is setup to standard resolution 1080p at 60 hz.

When I start to navigate the menus on the box the HDMI signal drops out for about a second, and then comes back also for example when I lunch my PLEX app on it the same thing happens, however if I watch a movie trough PLEX there is no HDMI signal dropouts, ONLY when I navigate, start apps click different options in the menu and so on.

I have tried all HDMI settings I can think of, on my new tv, especially the “HDMI Direct” setting witch should force the TV to show the HDMI signal from my 89-h without interfering with the signal in any way.

I also tried factory reset on my TV, and my 89-h without luck.

If I take the same HDMI cable I use for my new Panasonic TV and connect it to old Phillips 32” 1080 TV everything works perfectly! No HDMI signal dropouts at all.

Therefore I “think” I have isolated the problem to my brand new Panasonic TV, however if I connect my laptop though HDMI at same resolution, everything works fine – No HDMI signal dropouts, so the new TV is able to show HDMI without problems except my 89-h box.

I really hope you guys can help me pinpoint the problem??!

Thanks!

// Luciandk

Originally posted by luciandk View Post
    HI Guys

Last weekend I got my brand new Panasonic tx-50cxc725 UHD TV and connected my 89-h vega box to it through a high speed HDMI cable.

My 89-h is updated to last Tronsmart rom and is setup to standard resolution 1080p at 60 hz.

<...>

I really hope you guys can help me pinpoint the problem??!

Thanks!

// Luciandk
    There can be only two reasons: faulty HDMI port (bad soldering) or lack of full compatibility between Panasonic TV and Tronsmart. The first reason is less probable, because in has been fixed in latest Tronsmart batches. I would vote for second, because I have Panasonic TV too although my model is from the year 2009. I can confirm that different Tronsmart firmwares exhibit different behaviour with Panasonic TV's so far as it concerns HDMI connection. I' ve tried 102k4, 104k4 and 109k4. The best HDMI connection was with 104k4, but it lacks 24 Hz support. So you should try to downgrade Tronsmart to 109k4 firmware: http://www.tronsmart.com/support/dow...smart-vega-s89 With 109k4 during almost 6 moth period I observed only two or three times then image was distorted on TV screen after suspend.
    Pay attention that downgrade procedure can be a little more complicated than update. Search this forum about downgrading.

Comment

Hi lawin1

Thanks for your input.

I've just tried downgrading to 109k4 but the problem is still there :-(.

Any more suggestions/advice would be much appreciated!

//Luciandk

Comment

Have you tried decreasing the resolution to 720p? I encountered a similar issue with a Vizio LCD TV and setting the box resolution to 720p fixed this.

Comment

Working...
        X