MK808B Plus wireless broken after update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B Plus wireless broken after update

Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me, I bought an MK808B Plus from AliExpress a while ago, it was working fine but I couldn't download a lot of apps from the Play store so I decided to update to the Finless rom. Anyway, after updating to 109K4 the wireless stopped working, and on Finless or Cyanogenmod it also isn't working. I am not talking poor signal issues, if I turn the wifi on it doesn't see any networks, and turns itself off again if I change screen. If I do it with the button on the Android dash, it goes to a faded on status like the dimmer light on most phones do, Bluetooth on the other hand goes to full light as normal.

I think I may actually have a clone as I opened the case and the PCB is green with chips in different locations to the blue PCB images I have found online. It does however have a quad core amlogic M805 chip. Can anyone help get the Wifi working?

If not, is Gearbest a recommended reseller to buy a replacement? Have people successfully updated the firmware on ones bought from there?

gearbest&geekbuying are both verified sources..have you tried also the latest 110k4?...but it was a fault not doing a whole system backup via recovery...next time you will know..

Comment

Originally posted by Telewest View Post
      gearbest&geekbuying are both verified sources..have you tried also the latest 110k4?...but it was a fault not doing a whole system backup via recovery...next time you will know..
      I'll try that next, if that fails I'll try the older firmwares as well. And yeah I should have, next time I will make sure I remember to do that, it has just been so long since I have had any problems doing a firmware upgrade of anything and it was late in the evening when I was doing it so I was kind of hurrying. I've taken photos of the board in case it helps as well:

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

It looks like I must have the same hardware as in the below thread. I tried the firmware there and the LED and Wifi are working with that . Shame I can't upgrade the firmware without losing wifi though.

Comment

Orpheus, you can use this OpenElec version:
          https://github.com/kszaq/OpenELEC.tv...8-20150511.zip

And you can put my own version:
          https://mega.co.nz/#!DYsChbzB!fovjJO...6K9XHU2A8XX9QE
          Right now is only debloated with root (the update method is the same as finless, it cleans the data and system partition).

I'm working on bringing kernel tweaks from finless to the clone firmware, so wifi isn't lost.

And yes your photos are from a clone version.

Comment

Originally posted by Mafarricos View Post
            Orpheus, you can use this OpenElec version:
            https://github.com/kszaq/OpenELEC.tv...8-20150511.zip

And you can put my own version:
            https://mega.co.nz/#!DYsChbzB!fovjJO...6K9XHU2A8XX9QE
            Right now is only debloated with root (the update method is the same as finless, it cleans the data and system partition).

I'm working on bringing kernel tweaks from finless to the clone firmware, so wifi isn't lost.

And yes your photos are from a clone version.
            Thanks, I will give your firmware a try when I get home after the weekend. I actually wanted to try this in a car scenario (need wifi still to bring indoors for auto-updates of software sporadically). Hence I thought the Finless setup should be good for it and hopefully yours is too, the key needs I had for this are root and ability to install virtually any software, nearly all the software I wanted to have on it was not available as standard. Have you patched yours to allow better compatibility with the Play store?

Also, out of curiosity, has your firmware been based on the default one or on one of the updated ones adding the wifi driver for this card?

Comment

Mine right now is based on the standard to clone version.
              I stripped down some apps, got some from finless and added root.

But that version still have original build.prop, you can get the one of finless and change to better playstore compatibility. But playstore already is the one on finless version.

Comment

I also have received the same clone mk808b plus from szectech seller on aliexpress.
                Though various custom ROMs available are not compatible but I can make out that WIFI signal is pretty strong on this version. I havent faced any wifi issues so far as mentioned by various people for original mk808b plus.

@Mafarricos: I am just curious to know - how can we add root to the rom? It'd be nice if you can provide the steps to perform to carry out the task.

Comment

Working...
                X