Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install Google Play Store and Services on X7S (Android) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install Google Play Store and Services on X7S (Android) ?

Has anybody succes with installing the missing Google Play Store and Google Play Services on the X7S (Android) ?
    Please tell how to do, so far no succes here

EDIT:
    In the meantime the Amazone App Store is a good alternative:

Last edited by JohD50; 05-17-2015, 20:03.

This guy said he did - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...765#post498765 - Im not sure if he was being truthful though since he seems to be the only one who claims to have it.

Comment

I came across this FW that was released on May 2. Would this have fixed the lack of PlayStore? Has anyone tried this FW?

Hi, here to share the upgrade firmware of Pipo X7S. Please download the three RAR files in a floder, include Windows OS and Android OS, before you upgrade the mini pc, please read the Pipo X7S upgrade guide first. Download link: Part1: PIPO X7S Intel Z3736F Mini PC Upgrade Firmware .part1 Part2: PIPO X7S Intel […]

Comment

How about someone who bought from geekbuying ask in here http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...geekbuying-com about this question?
        I didn't bought mine from there, so I think is better anyone else ask, what do you guys thinks?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless
          This guy said he did - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...765#post498765 - Im not sure if he was being truthful though since he seems to be the only one who claims to have it.
          Hum...I saw that you had asked at the geekbuying forum, for updated firmware for play store. How about you make a little more pressure at them about this question for us, please?
          Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
            You mean my post? It was installed when I got my X7S, I didnt have to install it myself. I guess I could post a pic of it running if that would really prove anything. Mine is a black one that I got during the sale, maybe there is a newer batch with different FW?

Comment

Originally posted by slacker78 View Post

You mean my post? It was installed when I got my X7S, I didnt have to install it myself. I guess I could post a pic of it running if that would really prove anything. Mine is a black one that I got during the sale, maybe there is a newer batch with different FW?
              When did you buy it? I got a black X7s that I bought on April 29th 2015.

I am in canada. Not sure if it matters tho.

Comment

Bought May 1st.

Comment

I got mine last week NO play store installed & cant seem to find away to install it yet, Also the very first screen where to choose between windows & android is laggy as hell it takes ages to select ether one as the mouse moves so slow
                  Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

The first screen on mine was laggy too, but I changed something and now it boots straight to windows. Wish I knew how to change it back. Where would I look to see the FW version?

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                      I got mine last week NO play store installed & cant seem to find away to install it yet, Also the very first screen where to choose between windows & android is laggy as hell it takes ages to select ether one as the mouse moves so slow
                      Yes, same here. No way to get root (yet) so no playstore.
                      The screen to choose between the OS'es is fine here. I use the keyboard instead of a mouse tho.

Originally posted by slacker78 View Post
                      The first screen on mine was laggy too, but I changed something and now it boots straight to windows. Wish I knew how to change it back. Where would I look to see the FW version?
                      Open the app on the windows desktop and set the switch to the other option. Now you get the screen again.
                      __

Still looking for a way to root the X7s. The standard root scripts for most other intel tablets do not seem to work.
                      Next up is finding out how to flash the new firmware that Geekbuying provided:
                      Hi, here to share the upgrade firmware of Pipo X7S. Please download the three RAR files in a floder, include Windows OS and Android OS, before you upgrade the mini pc, please read the Pipo X7S upgrade guide first. Download link: Part1: PIPO X7S Intel Z3736F Mini PC Upgrade Firmware .part1 Part2: PIPO X7S Intel […]

As i do not want to brick my box i'm waiting for someone that can give some more information on the how to flash. The document provided is summarily written.

Comment

I don't know if it is save or if it will brick the device (at restore), but what's about the idea if someone with working/preeinstalled PS take a backup (after done a factory reset) of the android partition(s) via e.g. http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx or http://www.paragon-software.com/home.../download.html and upload the backup somewhere?
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by Robertnl View Post
                          Yes, same here. No way to get root (yet) so no playstore.
                          The screen to choose between the OS'es is fine here. I use the keyboard instead of a mouse tho.

Open the app on the windows desktop and set the switch to the other option. Now you get the screen again.
                          Thanks for that, I'll try it tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                          X