Odd Question Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Question Please help.

So I bought a couple of MK908's which finally arrived so a huge thanks goes out to Eric @ GB.
    Any ways I also have several older model 808's and was wondering if they could be connected together and used in or as a node??
    This would be so cool but how would one go abouts doing so if it is even possible??

Clustering

The option would have to be linux-based, I imagine. I used to run this ClusterKnoppix cd in like 2003 and had about 17 pc's in the cluster... really couldn't find much use for it but wanted to do it anyways. Either way there are ways to do it, but again I'm going to guess you'll be needing linux on all sticks.
    If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif

Comment

Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
      The option would have to be linux-based, I imagine. I used to run this ClusterKnoppix cd in like 2003 and had about 17 pc's in the cluster... really couldn't find much use for it but wanted to do it anyways. Either way there are ways to do it, but again I'm going to guess you'll be needing linux on all sticks.
      Yeah I want to cluster a few of the MK808's together,I think that would be super cool.
      I wonder if it can be done through USB seeing that there are no networking ports to connect to a switch or hub or what ever its called these days.
      I want to do it using ubuntu.
      Can you say super computer on the cheap cheap!!
      I got the idea from watching a video on youtube where they clustered a bunch of raspberry pi's.
      Well those are single core arm cpus running 700Mhz and MK808's are dual core arm cpu's running 1.6Ghz.
      Can you see where im going??

Comment

Being that linux is working so nicely on the 3066´s, I wonder if that´s something that would be easier to get functional at the moment. I remember that clusterknoppix had some of the clustering stuff built in the kernel, but I imagine there are other ways to do it.. a linux service of some sort perhaps.
        If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif

Comment

Working...
        X