Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK802 IV bricked

Hi all!!

I bricked my MK802 IV when I was trying to install Picuntu on the device. I do not know what it happens exactly, but when I was loading one of the kernels with the RKDevelopTool_v1.37, the device start to do strange thinks.

First, when I was erasing IDB, the number of the erased "sections" starts to be some random (It reaches a number bigger than 16000 in one iteration) and now the device always connect to the computer at MaskRom Mode (just plugging the USB on the OTG port), but when it starts the "test" step of the erasing or the running mode, the program freeze reporting:

INFO: Testing device, Total(1), Current(1)

I tried almost all thing that I found oninternet but nothing works:

- I tried to download the default image from rikomagic with BatchTool but it does not pass of the testing device step
    - I tried to load the image that I extracted from the device with rk dumptool before write anything on NAND chip, but it freezes at test step
    - I tried to read the data stored at device with rk dumptool, but it does not read anything and ends reporting "Export Image Fail".
    - I tried to short-circuit the pins 8-9, 6-7 and 7-8 while connecting the device to the PC, but this do not have any effect.

Does anyone has any suggestion of how to unbrick the device?

Thanks for the help

- Try using a different computer with e.g. WinXP, and use the BatchTool, see if it passes the test device step. If not, retry several times.
    - Try using another USB cable to connect.
    - Try with a different ROM for your device.

Other than that, there could be a hardware problem with your device. You may want to get it serviced or replaced.

Comment

Thanks for your early response.

I tried all things that you comented on the previous post but nothing works (I use a windows XP 32bits with a new ROM and cable)

I believe that there is a hardware problem with the device too, so I will try to replace it.

Again, thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
      X