MK808 as home theater system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808 as home theater system

Has anybody using MK808 as home theater system?
    If yes, please share your configuration.
    If not, help me to build one.

Basically, MK808 has only HDMI output.
    I understand that no ROM as of now support 5.1 channel passthrough. Hence, I don't know if it is possible to build home theater system with 5.1 channel sound.

MK808 supports USB sound card. So, I have decided to build 2.1 channel only with virtual surround.

My questions are,
    1. Is there any app or mod in android that generates virtual sound from 2.1 speaker?
    2. There are many USB sound cards available with claim of 5.1 and 7.1 virtual surround. Has anyone using any such sound card? Please share sound card make and your experience.
    3. Is anybody, by hooks or crooks, able to build 5.1 system with MK808?
    Last edited by RmatriX1218; 05-29-2015, 05:24. Reason: MK808, XBMC, Media

Unless there has been some major changes, the device wasn't able to run 1080p content in XBMC/KODI without an overclocked kernel.

I'd strongly suggest looking for another device if XBMC is all you want to use, as even if you purchase a USB soundcard you have noway of knowing if the rom you have comes with a driver for it.
    Currently Using:
    2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
    Retired Devices:
    MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Originally posted by ididmytime View Post
      Unless there has been some major changes, the device wasn't able to run 1080p content in XBMC/KODI without an overclocked kernel.

I'd strongly suggest looking for another device if XBMC is all you want to use, as even if you purchase a USB soundcard you have noway of knowing if the rom you have comes with a driver for it.
      Hey, first of all, thanks for reply.

I am already having MK808. I am using for light gaming and some media purpose.
      I was just wondering if same can be converted to better or serious home theater system.
      I'll request two help,

1. What best can be achieved as media system with MK808 itself?
      2. What is other cheap option/device for this purpose

Comment

Working...
      X