RK3368 Overview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK3368 Overview

The RK3368 is a SoC targeting tablets and media boxes featuring a 64-bit octa-core Cortex-A53 CPU and an OpenGL ES 3.1-class GPU.
    • Octa-core Cortex-A53 up to 1.5 GHz
    • High-performance GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.1
    • 4Kx2K H.264/H.265 real-time video playback
    • HDMI 2.0 with 4Kx2K @ 60 fps display output
    Traditionally, Rockchip has gone with Mali GPUs, except with RK3168, and now, RK3368 that features PowerVR G6110, the most powerful GPU of
    imagination’s entry-level PowerVR Series6XE family.

Don’t expect amazing performance, as RK3368 will not be quite as fast as RK3288, but it will be more cost effective.
    I’ve also been told X6 has been designed or the Chinese market only, and won’t be sold overseas, but that other RK3368
    products are being developed for the rest of the world…

Click image for larger version

Name:	rk3368.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	504383
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rock.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	504385

Attached Files

Tronsmart announced their device and available this month

It is estimated that there will be two different version to be released. One is 1GB RAM+ 8GB EMMC FLASH, and another advanced version with 2GB RAM+16 GB EMMC FLASH. Tronsmart Orion R68 will be available at the end of June or even earlier

Comment

Regarding the PowerVR G6110, what advantages do you think will come from the marriage of Rockchip and the G6110? Some have micro stutters with Mali/Rockchip combo(3288), think this will be a non-issue with the RK3368?
      I'm looking forward to getting some feedback on this SOC.
      Last edited by RISCy Dude; 07-09-2015, 22:49.

Comment

Also interested in comparisons against the Amlogic s905. This GPU is obviously more powerful than the Mali450, but will it fix the stutter issue?

Comment

One of the stumbling blocks to getting things such as Linux working well has been the lack of available hardware accelerated drivers for the T760 series, so perhaps a hookup with a new GPU vendor will yield greater results.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
            One of the stumbling blocks to getting things such as Linux working well has been the lack of available hardware accelerated drivers for the T760 series, so perhaps a hookup with a new GPU vendor will yield greater results.
            Do you hope the greater results will come from increased support from PowerVR? Or, do you think that Mali will become more cooperative since Rockchip picked PowerVR for the 3368?

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
              Do you hope the greater results will come from increased support from PowerVR? Or, do you think that Mali will become more cooperative since Rockchip picked PowerVR for the 3368?

Good question.

Not sure about that.

What the RK3288 did seem to show was that for all the power and capability that the SOC had, it was never utilised correctly.

A bit like putting bicycle wheels on a Bugatti Veyron, where all that power could not be utilised.

Comment

Wow! That is a vivid visual you have painted, bluesmanuk.
                Your statement on the 3288 is true, but I have a lot of fun with my UT3, even with it's imperfections. And of course, still hoping the broader base of 3288 consumer devices will bring some improvements. But I'll not hold my breath.
                Very curious about these 3368 devices, largely based on the new CPU/GPU arrangement. I guess I'm not alone in that regard.
                Interesting to see the Nagrace 3368 entry.

Comment

Just illustrates the concept that no matter what is under the bonnet, if the chassis can't take it, then it's wasted power.

Comment

there is some RK3368 box have Audio HD support?

Comment

Working...
                    X