Eblueline 4K rk 3822 chip android box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eblueline 4K rk 3822 chip android box

This box was running okay than it just turned off and started to continually reboot itself . After unplugging it for 20 min (it was extremely hot) it turned itself back on. After a few hours of watching tv it started to reboot again but now even after cooling it will not stop rebooting. Please help.

Joe

Originally posted by Rmjoe View Post
    This box was running okay than it just turned off and started to continually reboot itself . After unplugging it for 20 min (it was extremely hot) it turned itself back on. After a few hours of watching tv it started to reboot again but now even after cooling it will not stop rebooting. Please help.

Joe
    Device probably has no heatsink and overheats.
    You can return it to the seller and buy a decent device.

Comment

I never head about this device before... Is it a stick(dongle)? RK3288 at a stick(dongle) isn't a good idea... Anyway...
      It's definitely an overheating problem...
      If you are looking for another device then you should have a look at netxeon (Beelink, UBOX, Tronsmart) or at T-Chip (HPH, Ugoos UT3(s))...

RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Ebullient has given me the firmware to download to the box to see if that fixes it. The downloading tool though does not download for me. Can bad firmware cause over heating?

Comment

E.g. normally the kernel should throttle down depending on the heat and if they don't handle it correctly then it could be a "bad fw"...
          But of course it could also be because of bad hw (and I think it's because of hw than because of fw)...

RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

A Bad Firmware can be the reason for overheating yes.
            Cause there you set the Temparture for the throttle Down.

Neomode

Comment

If the device is out of warranty or otherwise not returnable, I'd open the case and put a fan on it. If that resolves the problem, you could look for an adequate heatsink. But if it is returnable, I'd return it and follow no_spam_for_me's advice from post #3.
              Last edited by RISCy Dude; 06-11-2015, 21:08.

Comment

Thank you for the advise. I have loaded up the new firmware and it worked for 10 min than pow same thing box turned off and won't turn back on. I hit the power button and it shows the android logo and turns off. I did open it up even thou it is still under warrant and found 3 gold resistors that are so hot I cannot touch them. They are on the opposite side of the rk chip.

Comment

Few things will shorten the life of electronics or reduce their stability, as much as excessive heat. If it is feasable to do so, I'd return it. If not, I'd work on a cooling solution(fan, heatsink, etc.). However, It is possible the excess heat is a result of an out of spec or failing component(regulator, IC Transistor, etc), in which case no type of cooling will solve the problem for long. Should the unit's power adapter be putting out incorrect voltage or an otherwise dirty DC output, cooling won't help that either. Have you tried another power adapter or tested the one you are using?
                  By the way, resistors, depending on their application, can be pretty warm even under normal loads. Making heat is what they do. If they are located on the opposite side(back) of the CPU, I'd think they are going to get fairly warm, if not hot. But what's too hot? Send it back if possible. The little extra you spend for a better designed, better known box, will result in fewer headaches.
                  Can you find your box here? Look under the HTC section.
                  Good luck.
                  You may get more responses by correcting the typo in the title of this thread, change 3822 to 3288.
                  Last edited by RISCy Dude; 06-12-2015, 04:12.

Comment

I think you mean eBluetimes

Comment

Working...
                    X